Change UserGroup to use/allow system or general message

9 years 6 months ago #249574 by DanielBodensee
Dear all,

at the first sorry for my bad english.

I have installed UddeIM 3.4 and it works fine. So I have take a look into the configuration to enable the functionality for sending system or general messages.

As I understand, this is only usable for an user which is assigned to the Admin or Manager Group, but I can't find how I can use a own user group like "PMS Admins".

Also I can't find a possibility to configure the user groups which have to be showed in the list of receivers.

What I need is:
-possibility to choose a own group to define a PMS Admin
-enabling only a few/needed user groups to show into the group list (system-/global message)

I don't find the right options.

If not possible to configure this in the component, can I change it in the core scripts?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.

Regards,
Daniel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #249580 by DanielBodensee
Replied by DanielBodensee on topic Change UserGroup to use/allow system or general message
Hi,

I found the script uddeimlib33.php with different functions to check the user groups. I think it is possible to add the id of the new user group "PMS Admin".

ID of the new user group is "33" and I have to add this ID as following:
function uddeIMisAdmin($my_gid) {
   return in_array($my_gid,array(7,8,33));
}

Is this right?

Should I also define other variables within the script?

Unfortunately I could not find the function the collect the user groups which have to display to send the globale mail.

@Developer:
Could you insert two fields within tab [System] to define the admin and manager groups (ID's) and to declare which user groups should be displayed to send to groups? If the field is empty (or = 0) then use the original procedure, if not then use only the id's which are filled in (if possible).

Regards,
Daniel

9 years 5 months ago #249581 by slabbi
Yes, this is possible. I will put this on my todo list and most likely add this to the next release.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanielBodensee

9 years 5 months ago #249582 by DanielBodensee
Replied by DanielBodensee on topic Change UserGroup to use/allow system or general message
Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Could you tell me how I can change the scripts in the meantime so only five neccessary user groups/ID's are collected in the group list to send a global mail?

We have a lot own user groups and we need only five groups on which our users are assigned.

I was not able to find the right function :-)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel

9 years 5 months ago #249583 by slabbi
That's it not that easy since there are several changes in nearly all file to do.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanielBodensee

9 years 5 months ago #249584 by DanielBodensee
ok, then it is clear not to find the right way to do this.

My problem is to have more than 20 user groups to give different rights to our users. But only 5 groups are team-groups like "Team A", "Team B" and so on.

I have 8 sub-admins and I would like make sure the admins can only send mails to the five team-groups.

Is it possible also to change the next version so we can configure the usable groups in the future?

It would be nice, thanks.

Regards,
Daniel

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn