Private messaging with BCC, CC and reply-all

9 years 6 months ago #249698 by bcraigie
Hello,

As a site manager, on occasion, I need to send a reply to a PM that a user of my site has sent me, and I need to bcc the other moderators so that they see my reply.

I have enabled "add extra recipients" but it is not available on a reply to a PM, so what I do is "copy to me" and then forward the copy to the moderators.

That's ok, but a bit tedious. However, if one of the moderators then wants to reply, they can only reply to me, and are not able to copy in the other moderators without repeating the "copy to me" / forward the copy.

Is there a way I can achieve bcc and reply-all more easily please?

Thanks

Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249719 by slabbi
FAQ 11.2.2

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

9 years 6 months ago #249725 by bcraigie
Replied by bcraigie on topic Private messaging with BCC, CC and reply-all
Sorry, but this is not a helpful reply. :(

Of course, I have already read the FAQ and I know and understand about 11.2 but it is not what I am asking.

I explained that it is not possible to add recipients on a REPLY. There is no box on a reply to add more recipients. It is only possibly to reply to the sender, and does not seem possible to copy in anyone else on a reply.

Maybe I am missing something.

9 years 6 months ago #249726 by slabbi
UddeIM does not store multiple recipients within a message. When you add multiple users, for each message a new message is created and stored in the database.
So you can only answer to one recipient only. If you need to add more recipients, use forward message and add all recipients you want.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #249728 by bcraigie
Replied by bcraigie on topic Private messaging with BCC, CC and reply-all
Thank you, that is what we are doing at present, however this procedure is very tedious for us.

When forwarding, or when composing a new PM, it is possible to specify multiple recipients. Would you consider a feature request to update UddeIM to allow adding more recipients on a Reply (like a CC or BCC)?

Thanks,

Brian

9 years 6 months ago #249729 by slabbi
Sorry, but the internal program flow does not allow this without some side effects.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn