[NOBUG] Plugins are not compatible with CB 2.0.6

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259381 by dalgarra
Hello. I have installed UddeIM 3.5 on a Joomla 3.3.6 with CB 2.0.6. As you can see in the picture the version of uddeIM plugins for CB are not compatible. Is there another version of uddeIM that is compatible with CB 2.0.6 ?.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #259400 by slabbi

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: dalgarra

8 years 7 months ago #270591 by boyjahq
Now version 3.7 and still incompatibility messages showing. We need to know if this is a reliable component going forward. I am migrating a Joomla 2.5 site which uses UDDEIM to newest Joomla and am evaluating all components for forward compatibility. You can tell us to ignore incompatibility messages, but that is not helpful for those of us running a business site. We need reliable notifications to be able to keep our sites safe, secure and operational. Not to mention our clients, who also perform backend admin tasks and constantly ask about such messages. "Is my site OK? Why can't you fix these problems?" are the things we contend with. So my question is: IS UDDEIM a viable component going forward? If so, why can't we get accurate, up-to-date corrections that eliminate (so-called) false error messages?
Attachments:

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270597 by slabbi
The "incompatibility message" in the plugin manager of the Community Builder 2 component has been solved some months ago and should be fixed when "cb2_*" plugins are used that are part of each uddeIM package.

UddeIM is basically a Joomla component and I always check if it is compatible to the current version of Joomla. When a 3rd party component (like CB) changes its API there might be incompatibilities or cosmetic issues (like the "incompatibility message" that was because of a changed XML format) for the corresponding CB plugins but that does not mean that uddeIM is incompatible in any way. uddeIM runs without CB, so you could also claim that CB is not longer compatible to uddeIM. ;)

UddeIM is one of the oldest components that is available for the Joomla platform. It still runs on Mambo 4.x and Joomla 1.0 up to the current Joomla version. So I think uddeIM is one of the best supported components.

When you are of the opinion that uddeIM is not a viable component, please feel free to choose a different component that fulfills your needs. I am pretty sure that there are other components that do not show incompatibility warnings in Community Builders' plugin manager.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

8 years 7 months ago #270639 by boyjahq
I reinstalled the CB plugins but still got the incompatible message. So I deleted the plugins and reinstalled and now there are no messages. Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn