UddeIM Display Issues? And Issues with the auto welcome CB plugin?

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #270707 by SuperHaven
Hello I am having two issues I would like to report / or get some information on.

1. I have UddeIM set to display full length messages, this function works, but the whole message appears as a hyperlink that when clicked hides the whole message. (Used in Microsoft's new Edge browser, duplicated in Chrome; both browsers fully up to date)

2. Using the CB Plugin AutoWelcome I want to have a link to where the message sent by CB-AW contains links; the links are currently the links from the CB Field Type MPS Link; as in, the text on the profile that reads "Send Private Message" which equals MYDOMAINDOTCOM/index.php/component/uddeim/?task=new&recip=234 . I want to have a text link opposed to that whole string, is that possible, and how?

1.a I have also tested this by composing a new message and had the same result so I don't believe that CB-AW is the cause.

1.b I also just now noticed that when I mouse-over the icon to the right of a message, the tooltip/legend for the buttons Reply and Search do not appear. It does appear for Forward and Delete. Please advise.

Edit: I have the Paid Edition of UddeIM which was installed 3weeks ago, if a new version has been released since then I need to update. (all CB and Joomla stuff installed at that same time)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #270745 by slabbi

SuperHaven wrote: Hello I am having two issues I would like to report / or get some information on.

1. I have UddeIM set to display full length messages, this function works, but the whole message appears as a hyperlink that when clicked hides the whole message. (Used in Microsoft's new Edge browser, duplicated in Chrome; both browsers fully up to date)

Using the Postbox plugin, this is the intended behavior. When the whole message is underlined you can use CSS to hide this line.

SuperHaven wrote: 2. Using the CB Plugin AutoWelcome I want to have a link to where the message sent by CB-AW contains links; the links are currently the links from the CB Field Type MPS Link; as in, the text on the profile that reads "Send Private Message" which equals MYDOMAINDOTCOM/index.php/component/uddeim/?task=new&recip=234 . I want to have a text link opposed to that whole string, is that possible, and how?

This is not an uddeIM issue since the text comes from the AutoWelcome plugin. Nevertheless you should check your SEF / .htaccess file since "index.php" should never appear in the URL ona correctly configured system.

SuperHaven wrote: 1.a I have also tested this by composing a new message and had the same result so I don't believe that CB-AW is the cause.

see above

SuperHaven wrote: 1.b I also just now noticed that when I mouse-over the icon to the right of a message, the tooltip/legend for the buttons Reply and Search do not appear. It does appear for Forward and Delete. Please advise.

Sorry, can you point me to the buttons "reply" and "search"? UddeIM does not have these buttons.

SuperHaven wrote: Edit: I have the Paid Edition of UddeIM which was installed 3weeks ago, if a new version has been released since then I need to update. (all CB and Joomla stuff installed at that same time)

There is no paid edition of uddeIM. There are some premium plugins available for users who like to support uddeIM but uddeIM itself is free.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #270750 by SuperHaven
1. Is there a way to turn off the underline and hide functionality?

2. You are speaking Greek to me, can you give an example of what to do?

1.b. See attachment, The first three mouse over to show "Forward" "Archive" and "Delete". The last two do not show anything on mouse over, but are "Compose" (Reply), and what I thought was search, but not I am not really sure what it is when I click it lol.

RE:Edit. Yes I meant the premium plug-ins, I kinda conciser it a paid version, because I don't think of as a component with premium extensions, I think of it as a full-version that is different from the free-version.
Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #270752 by slabbi

SuperHaven wrote: 1. Is there a way to turn off the underline and hide functionality?

No there is no option for this. You can turn the underline effect off by changing the css code in uddeim.css. The code may vary from template to template, so you should inspect the link using Firebug or a similar tool.

SuperHaven wrote: 2. You are speaking Greek to me, can you give an example of what to do?

Enable the ".htaccess" file that comes with Joomla. And also enable SEF functionality in Joomla backend. There might be some help pages on Joomla.org for that.

SuperHaven wrote: 1.b. See attachment, The first three mouse over to show "Forward" "Archive" and "Delete". The last two do not show anything on mouse over, but are "Compose" (Reply), and what I thought was search, but not I am not really sure what it is when I click it lol.

It is "compose" and "display". The text is in the "alt" tag but missing for the "title" tag. I have fixed this now and will make it available in the next update. Thanks for reporting.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.597 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn