Private Message links in CB Login nd CB Workflows don't work!

8 years 1 week ago #280225 by dangimar
Hi,

I've installed Community Builder 2.0.14 and UddeIm 3.8 in my Joomla project. I've published CB Login and CB Workflows in my web site. I configurated them so they both show if I've got new private messages (UddeIm extension) or connections. When I press the Connections link it works properly but when I press the new private messages link (in CB Online or in CB Workflows) it didn't send me to the right page.

When I create a menu item in one of my menus it works (it sends me to my private messages page) so it seems Community Builder and UddeIm are properly integrated. And I can send private messages from one user to another. The only problem is that when I press the private messages links in CB Login and CB Workflows they don't work.

I only have installed the UddeIm Component (no modules nor plugins) but I don't think I need anything else.

I would appreciate if someone can help me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #280532 by krys6991
Hello,

I can't help you but i can tell that i have exactly the same problem since i maked a new fresh install with all the latest version.

Joomla 3.5.1
Cb 2.0.14
UddeIm 3.8

Since i did that the link and the notification of new message in CB Login isn't functionnal on opposite the link and notification of relation is always functionnal. It seems there isn't any mistake in my configuation it's exactly the same that i had with Joomla 3.4.8 and the oldest extension versions.

Somebody can confirmed that they aren't any bug with all the latest version ?

Thx for your help.

8 years 3 days ago #280539 by dangimar
Hi krvs6991,

I could fix it in the end. Go to Components/UddeIM PMS/System tab.

You need to change two parameters there: Overwrite itemid and Use itemid.

In the first one you need to choose "yes"
In the second one you need to write the id of the the menu item where you want to be sent when you press the CB Login or CB Workflow private messages link.

In my site I've created a menu item "My private messages" (type iddeIM PMS component) so I only need to copy the id of this item and paste it in the Use itemid parameter.

Hope it works for you too.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #280673 by krys6991
Hi dangimar,

I saw it before and retest when i read your post.

i deleted the Uddeim link menu and created a new one. In my Uddeim configuratione the item id detected (in description) is the good one. I overrided it to test without success.

This problem happened since i used all the latest versions : Joomla, CB and Uddeim.

Maybe an another parameters but i checked all and read several posts without success.

Another thing when i changed something in Uddeim configuration, i must maked it two times it is never saved the first time.

Do you have the same thing ?

7 years 11 months ago #280675 by slabbi
I doubt that a configuration issue in uddeIM causes your problems.
Have you tried mod_uddeim to get a new message notification? Does the link work? The "Overwrite itemid" in uddeIM backend has effects on uddeIM modules and plugins only.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

7 years 11 months ago #280678 by dangimar
Hi krvs6991,
No, I don't have the same problem.
I forgot to say that I'm using Joomla! 3.4.8. I still haven't updated to Joomla 3.5.1 so we're not using the same Joomla version and your problems started once you installed the new Joomla version.
In my project I only had to change the parameters I told you in my last message and it worked.
As slabbi told you can install mod_uddeim abd test if it work. It's a module that you can find in the uddeIM_3.8_j30_unzip1st file you downloaded from UddeIm site. It's more or less the same than the component you have been using so far but it has some more option.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn