clicking on sender takes me to userlist instead of sender's profile

7 years 9 months ago #283504 by colhiogroup
I've searched the FAQ and the forum and don't see anything similar to the issue I'm having. I've tried error checking and repair through the backend, no errors appear. I have userlists disabled (I think, see configuration notes below). I'm using Joomla and Kunena for registration and profiles, with Joomla 3.5.1, Kunena 4.0.11, Uddeim 3.9, php7.

Specifically, here's what is happening: when I hover on the sender's avatar or username, either in a single message or in a list of messages from that sender, the URL shows that I'll be directed to the sender's user profile [site.com/page/userid-123?func=profile] but when I click the avatar or username, I'm shown a list of all registered users at the URL site.com/page/profile/list/123-username/catid-1. I don't want userlists to appear on the site, for anyone.

Here's the backend configuration for userlists:
-"behavior of all users link" is set to "Suppress All Users" link
-"restrict all users access" is set to "admins only" (I also tried "no restrictions" and was still getting the userlist)
-"use profile links" is set to "Kunena 3.0+"

I don't want anyone to be able to see a list of all registered users and clicking on the sender's name does not take me to their profile, is there a configuration setting I'm missing?

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #283548 by slabbi
The backend option "show userlist" switches between
- "Show user" link - clicking shows dropdown box with users
and
- show dropdown box with users immediately.

It has nothing to do with CB profiles or CB user lists.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

7 years 9 months ago #283675 by colhiogroup
Thanks for the info, Slabbi. This is only happening in uddeIM (I'm not using CB, just Joomla and Kunena). Anywhere else on the site, clicking on a username takes me to that user's profile, but in uddeIM clicking on a username takes me to a list of all site users. I've disabled the profile linking for now in uddeIM to hide the userlist, but it would be nice to be able to view user profiles through the messaging component too.

7 years 8 months ago #283888 by colhiogroup
Hi, does anyone have thoughts about getting usernames in uddeIM to link to that user's profile, instead of a list of all registered users? Thank you!

7 years 8 months ago #283893 by slabbi
The backend setting has nothing to do with profile links but changes the behavior how a recipient can be selected in the compose message form.

Have you tried to change the settings in the "Intergation" tab? Maybe a different setting solves your problem.

If not, please send me an example URL for a user profile without(!) SEF. The URL should look like "index.php?task=xxx&abc=def&xyz=67" etc.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn