encryption and trash issues

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #287039 by pdolezel
encryption and trash issues was created by pdolezel
Howdy,
Thanks for the rad PM extension for Joomla (still the best in the PM category!)

I've got a couple issues on our non-profit's site and was wondering if you can point me in the right direction:
  1. Even though 'use encryption' is set to "none", the messages started getting encrypted since some time ago.
  2. Messages do not get trashed; 'messages kept in trash for' is set to "7" and I (the super admin) access my PM page about every other week (which should invoke trashed message removal) + I just ran the 'Invoke message erasing' procedure in the "Maintenance" tab ... but messages trashed in (e.g.) May 2016 still remain in the d/b.
  3. When someone deletes a message without reading it, the unread messages module still counts it as unread. I haven't examined the code for the module but it seems the query is simply looking at the "toread" field while it should also be taking into account the "totrash" field (aka not count it if the "totrash" field value is "1").
I appreciate any pointers. Thanks much!

Joomla 3.6.2
UddeIM 3.9
PHP 5.6.23
MySQL 5.6.33

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #287073 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic encryption and trash issues
I can answer No.2:
Messages are only physically removed from the DB when both - sender and recipient - have trashed the message.

Which "unread message module" do you mean?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

7 years 6 months ago #287074 by pdolezel
Replied by pdolezel on topic encryption and trash issues
Thanks slabbi. It's the Uddeim Simple Notifier module (allows to display a number of unread/new messages).
If someone deletes a message without reading it, then in the d/b the 'totrash' field value is "1" and 'toread' field value is "0" ... so I'm guessing the query simply looks at the 'toread' field without taking into account the 'totrash' value (which it should ... if I deleted something, I don't want it counted as new any more.
(Users do delete messages without looking at them, e.g. because they read the message in their email notification already.)

What about question #1?

Thanks again! P

7 years 5 months ago #287078 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic encryption and trash issues
I am sorry, but the "Uddeim Simple Notifier module" is not supported by me. It is a 3rd party module.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn