#2915 - Problem with recurring setting

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179546 by sentix
My versions:

CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Joomla 1.5.23

If have setup several plans. One is a plan with maximum recurring 1. But this doesn't matter as a user is able to choose this plan over and over again. In the CBSubs table on MySQL i can see that it counts the recurrings, has the max. recurring value in the table, but this doesn't matter.

Another problem exists, if I want to use the email integration plugin. I want to send mails when a plan gets activated, but also, CBSubs doesn't work that out.

In combination with the still unsolved issue of conditional dates in the Workflow tab, CBSubs seem to be still a little bit buggy. The tool is flexible, has great features but looks to me that not all switches are working as intended.

Any help for me?

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #179870 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Re: Problem with recurring setting
This is definitely a bug as it could be reproduced on a fresh installation with an absolute mininum of data and plug-ins!

12 years 6 months ago #179891 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Problem with recurring setting

sentix wrote: My versions:

CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Joomla 1.5.23

If have setup several plans. One is a plan with maximum recurring 1. But this doesn't matter as a user is able to choose this plan over and over again. In the CBSubs table on MySQL i can see that it counts the recurrings, has the max. recurring value in the table, but this doesn't matter.

I believe you have misunderstood this setting. It is used to limit the number of auto-recurring cycles that are scheduled with the payment gateway. So if for example you have an suto-recurring monthly plan and a gateway that supports it (example Paypal or Authorize.net), then this setting for example set to 5 means that after 5 auto-recurring monthly payments, the plan will stop and needs to be authorized again. (not 100% sure of this explanation - will ask Beat to followup).

If you do not want people to renew, then set the plan as not renewable.

Another problem exists, if I want to use the email integration plugin. I want to send mails when a plan gets activated, but also, CBSubs doesn't work that out.

In combination with the still unsolved issue of conditional dates in the Workflow tab, CBSubs seem to be still a little bit buggy. The tool is flexible, has great features but looks to me that not all switches are working as intended.

Any help for me?

Can you please give exact steps to reproduce here?

12 years 6 months ago #179894 by sentix
The email problem is solved. I mistyped in the BCC field m,f@xx.de instead of m.f@xx.de

The wrong colon prevents the sending of the email. It would be helpful to get an hint if something is typed in wrong.

The recurring problem still exists even if I set "Renewable in advance by:" to non-renewable

I understood the setting for maximum recurrings also for "manual payment" (see info text for the field), especially because the auto-recurring setting is "single payment"

What can I do to ensure that a user can subscribe a plan only one time?

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179897 by sentix
I have to add: the correct field description of the field which is in my mind not working correctly is "Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price (0=unlimitted):"

As far as I can remember, I am sure I was able to do what I want. May it be that this bug got introduced with the latest update?

12 years 6 months ago #179916 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn