recurrent payment issues with paypal sandbox

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181406 by gvikutan
I'm facing several issues with CBSubs recurrent payments:
1. curl is configured but CB says it's not: "curl executable not available or not configured." It seems to be looking for <span>/</span>usr<span>/</span>bin/curl but I'm on Win XP.
2. When setting up recurrent payments with paypal, despite setting "Auto-recurring renewals" in the Plan, the user is never presented with the choice to manually or auto renew during registration process.
3. Recurrent payments with paypal sandbox go through on paypal side but CB reports "IPN payment gateway communication error", when user navigates back to my site. Log:
$error='';
$status='-100';
$transaction_info='';
On the front-end after completing paypal payment and coming back to the site, the user is getting 500 error.

Reloading the page from the browser takes the user back to the site but registration status remains as "Registered Unpaid".

4. For my monthly recurrent plan, I'm getting Paypal error: "The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again."

Some of the values submitted:
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Monthly for user1" />
<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="S8-52-2" />
<input type="hidden" name="p3" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="t3" value="M" />
<input type="hidden" name="a3" value="7.00" />
<input type="hidden" name="src" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="sra" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="modify" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD" />
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="8" />
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1"

Communication is done with the 'plain text' option.
The gateway and the plan are both set to support single and recurrent payments.
Joomla version: 1.7.2
CB: 1.7
CBSubs: 1.2.2
curl: 7.21.7
php: 5.3.8
xampp: 1.7.7
localhost with Paypal sandbox business

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181965 by nant
Sorry for long delay in reply - guess this one fell through the cracks ...

Regarding #1 - If curl is properly installed CBSubs should still see it. Would need to have local access to see this and investigate. This issue should not influence rest of issues.

#2 - Maybe you forgot to enable single+recurring in gateway settings?

#3 - This could be a firewall issue on your machine can you test with firewall disabled?

#4 - Not sure - maybe connected with #3

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181967 by krileon

1. curl is configured but CB says it's not: "curl executable not available or not configured." It seems to be looking for <span>/</span>usr<span>/</span>bin/curl but I'm on Win XP.

I too am using Xampp on windows and had the same problem. You'll need to enable some PHP extensions for this to work right. Please see the below instructions.
  1. Open xampp\php\php.ini
  2. Locate "; Dynamic Extensions ;"
  3. Scroll to ";extension=php_curl.dll" and remove the ";" in-front of it
  4. Scroll to ";extension=php_openssl.dll" and remove the ";" in-front of it
  5. Save
  6. Restart Apache

Once done it should work fine, please also use the below path for "Path to openssl on your website :" (the default).
/usr/bin/openssl

2. When setting up recurrent payments with paypal, despite setting "Auto-recurring renewals" in the Plan, the user is never presented with the choice to manually or auto renew during registration process.

Please check that on the basket page where you see the items, invoice, and payment buttons that you are clicking the PayPal "Subscribe" button and not the "Purchase" button (1 is recurring and 1 is single payments). This assumes the buttons weren't changed from defaults. Renewal is not done at registration, but is done after they login and review their profile and from there they can manually renew if single payments otherwise it'll renew automatically.

3. Recurrent payments with paypal sandbox go through on paypal side but CB reports "IPN payment gateway communication error", when user navigates back to my site. Log:

PayPal IPNs don't work on localhost. You'd need to setup your router (if any) and setup XAMPP to be accessible from the internet via your IP Address provided by your ISP. Then instead of supplying http://localhost/ you'd do http://IP-ADDRESS/ and your IPNs should then work and be testable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn