Auto-recurring payment issues

12 years 4 months ago #184354 by nant
Auto-recurring payment issues was created by nant
I am starting this post to gather data for a potential issue that has been reported by various users and needs to be properly investigated and fixed or categorized.

Versions: CB 1.7.1 / CBSubs 1.2.2
Authorize.net or Paypal auto-recurring payments

Issue as I understand it currently is that the first auto-recurring payment is properly recorded in CBSubs and in payment organization. However when time for second payment it looks like CBSubs properly sends a payment request to organization and payment is recorded on organization end, but on CBSubs no payment is recorded and thus the subscription is stopped and CBSubs switches subscription type to manual (not auto-recurring).

People experiencing similar behavior are kindly requested to respond to this thread with their version info and experience.

Thank you for your assistance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #184587 by jvande
Replied by jvande on topic Re: Auto-recurring payment issues
I have this issue with my ARB Subscriptions with Authorize.net. I am currently running:
Joomla 1.5.2
CB 1.4
CB Subs 1.2.2

I only have one recurring plan that is a monthly ARB. The monthly Silent Post from Authorize.net never does reach my software so it seems. My subscriptions auto expire even with a 3 day grace period applied, but payments for these users on Authorize.net still go through. There seem to be no other issues with payments though, customers are able unsubscribe without an issue, process gets communicated with Authorize just fine to cancel subscription.

The only notifications that stand out with my subscriptions are the ones that say "IPN payment gateway communication error", these don't have much info to go with them other than the time stamp is around 2 - 3 am my time, which is about the time authorize is supposed to fire off Silent Posts for my location.

I am getting a few weird errors with log type "Error returned by gateway (autorecurring payment)" verification "You have submitted a duplicate of Subscriptio..." reason code "E00012". However, regardless of this error notification, the subscription does successfully get created on Authorize anyways. I noticed this is only sparingly and seems to be coupon code uses only too. I don't know if this could be related or not to the current ARB issues.

I have gathered a few links regarding the Authorize.net and Silent Post method:

Why are my Silent Post connections timing out?

All About Authorize.Net’s Silent Post

Handling Authorize.Net Silent Post with PHP

Hopefully some of this information may be helpful.

12 years 4 months ago #185044 by nant

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #185694 by clwweb
Replied by clwweb on topic Re: Auto-recurring payment issues
Same issues here..

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7.0
CB Subs 1.2.2

Initial subscription goes through fine, recorded on Authorize and setup as a subscription there. When period expires, the plan expires but Authorize still bills for the subscription, even though the plan was cancelled by CB Subs.

An example of what it shows in the Notifications:

09/09/2011 20:22:30 Payment | APPROVED | web_accept
09/09/2011 20:22:30 Autorecurring Payment | Successful | subscr_payment
09/09/2011 20:22:33 IPN payment gateway communication error | ARB-Silent: mandatory param missing

Then after the period is up (1 month) there is no other entry (related to this test) in the Notifications, but the billing continued.

I already have a thread here , but just thought I would add to this one, hopefully to add a fix aswell..

SOLVED: Through looking at the History Logs and Notifications it was determined that the MD5 hash I was using was incorrect. Had to reset that. Also I set the grace period on my test plan to 3 days, which may or may not have had an influence on the successful test.

12 years 3 months ago #187936 by jvande
Replied by jvande on topic Re: Auto-recurring payment issues
Just wondering from the cb team if there has been any head way on this issue? I've checked out my md5 has to make sure both are matching on authorize and on my plugin settings, and those are fine. Any solutions in the works or possibility identifiable issues that you guys are working on?

12 years 2 months ago #188991 by toddfletcher
Replied by toddfletcher on topic Re: Auto-recurring payment issues
I am reposting my concern as directed:

Joomla 1.5.23
CB: 1.7
CB_Subs: 1.2.2

So I have an unsettling issue with cbsubs and payments. I have issues where cbsubs does not renew an auto-renew subscription, even though my payment processor is charging the customer. I checked the notifications table in the DB and the raw_result for than payment is [null]. All the other fields are the same as the other 8 payments. So two questions:

1) It's like cbsubs is not receiving the message that the payment went through - even though it did. What would cause this?

2) The unsettling part, is that there is no message or indication that the error happened, except where I dug into the DB and checked that field. Should I get an email, or the account should be flagged if this type of an error occurs, so I can jump on it before the customer realizes it?

thank you in advance.
-
So. I still need answer to this, as this kind of an issue undermines the whole stability of CB_Subs as a valid community tool.

Also, in auditing all the accounts, I found another issue that is similar and equally as alarming.

I have an account in which a customer purchased a monthly auto-renewing subscription to, using paypal. Paypal created a subscription, charged her, but CB-Subs did not activate the account. I looked in the cbsubs_subscriptions table and the last_renewed_date is the same day the customer subscribed, but the expiry_date is the day before the renew date. I looked in the cbsubs_notifications table as there are two rows for this transaction, one (I think) is the paypal sub creation and the other is the first payment. Both are on the correct day and the statuses are VERIFIED.

So it seems cb_subs did everything except activate the subscription and update the expiry date. Why would this happen?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.658 seconds