Plans and their validity and reactivation of plans, i.e. next year plan

11 years 2 months ago #219558 by osaalbinson
I don't seem to grasp how calendar year validity works...
I don't have make a new plan each year for my members do I?

I have a plan called Freija with 100 plus members wich I set validty to this calendar year (that was 2012). Now my calendar year has passed and I wan't to reactivate my members for next calendar year (wich now is 2013) but CB-subs insits on wanting to reactivate for 2012 not 2013!

It seems to work fine for new members that signed up this year but not for members who signed up last year.

I would like to be able to reactivate all members each new year... if anyone could point me in the right direction how I could acheive this without to much confusion I would be most grateful.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219567 by krileon
By calendar year automatically calculates the plan duration to be for that exact year instead of say a flat 365 days. This means if you subscribe mid-year it will still expire at the end of the year. It showing 2012 instead of 2013 is probably the timezone bug. Set the timezone for your site within Joomla global configuration to UTC (should be first selection at top of select input) and see if issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #219576 by osaalbinson
Thanks Kyle but unfortunately it did not do the trick. It still says reactivate for year 2012.

I think I must have made some simple mistake in setting up my plan but I do not see where.

When a new member now sign in this year (2013) it is noted
"år 2013 Active, expires 2013-12-31
Unsubscribe Delete"

But for a member that signed up in october it's noted

"year 2012 expired 2012-12-31
reactivate: 300 SEK calendar year year 2012 Delete"

11 years 2 months ago #219587 by krileon
Edit your plan and on the Pricing tab ensure "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows:" is set to "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap)". If issue persists ensure both the site and your CB user have timezone set to UTC and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #219594 by osaalbinson
Didn't help that either I'm sorry to say.

Sending you a picture of my settings on pricing

11 years 2 months ago #219597 by krileon
Don't know what more to advice. We already have a bug ticket regarding this with high priority for next CBSubs release. It's due to the date calculating taking into consideration offset. You need to ensure the user renewing as the timezone parameter in profile edit set to UTC and your sites global configuration timezone set to UTC. I've moved the ticket to immediate priority and attached this topic to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn