[SOLVED] Eliminate securty code at registration

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #220209 by jpif78@gmail.com
[SOLVED] Eliminate securty code at registration was created by jpif78@gmail.com
Hi,

During registration we have a step that is: to enter a "security code" (see image attached).

Community Builder defaults Captcha system is a bit complicated for users (sometimes the chars are really malformed). Is there any way to switch it for other system like reCaptcha (that actually is not much more better)? or, is posible to avoid this step? I mean, is there any place in the configuration where we can say that user don't need to write any security code while registering. I know that we can get a lot of spammers, but the requirements of the projects right now is that we need something very simple for our users to get registered.

Thanks very much
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #220217 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Eliminate securty code at registration
This is normal. CB Captcha does not have a tab so Step by Step adds one for it. This results in it being on its own step. No, this can't be changed. You can disable CB Captcha entirely within CB > Plugin Management > CB Captcha or you can just disable its usage on registration, it's up to you. Note you can also tweak the settings of CB Captcha for example you can make the font much larger and the image much larger making it easier to read all from CB > Plugin Management > CB Captcha.

I believe there is a reCaptcha plugin for CB, but I don't recall where. I suggest checking Joomla.org extension directory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn