[SOLVED] Non-exclusive subscriptions

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #225173 by erichf
[SOLVED] Non-exclusive subscriptions was created by erichf
We're considering using the subscriptions feature of CB in a slightly different way if possible. Our client is a property owners association and they collect membership fees each year. However, some members don't get around to paying for a few years and then need to catch up on some or all of their payments. So, we're considering using CB subscriptions but users can currently only select one plan via radio buttons. We'd like them to be able to select one or more of the subscriptions.

This is the first time I've worked with paid-subscriptions in CB. Is it possible to have subscriptions be selectable by checkbox rather than radio button so they're not exclusive of each other?

I thought maybe we could achieve the goal using donations but they also seem to be radio buttons that are selectable exclusive of all other plans/donations.

I haven't been able to find a comprehensive documentation for CB. Can someone point me to the right link for that?

Thanks

Erich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #225175 by erichf
Replied by erichf on topic Non-exclusive subscriptions
OK. It could have been any more obvious.

Solution: Toggle the Exclusive setting in the list of available PLans or when editing a plan, on the Presentation tab, change the "Exclusive Plan" setting to "Not Exclusive, other plans of the same parent can be subscribed same time and subscription not mandatory"

Now can anyone point me to documentation so I stop asking obvious questions?

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

10 years 11 months ago #225176 by erichf
Replied by erichf on topic Non-exclusive subscriptions
I think I'm going to have to start drinking coffee. Found the documentation at www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cat_view/108-developer-member-download-area

I generally rely on search to find stuff like this and it just wasn't coming up for my searches. One of the disadvantages of having things behind a paywall I guess.

Thanks

Erich
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn