Display Cb Antispam elsewhere

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #284048 by poml
Replied by poml on topic Display Cb Antispam elsewhere
Ok, I'll pm the link to the form again.

Here is what it does:
We want to let users register for our event.
1) On the first page the available tickets are displayed (CBSubs merchandise). The displayed tickets are depending if the user has an active subscription, and/or is in particular usergroups (for example students, or retired), or if he is a first time visitor, or if he is a registered user whose subscription has expired.
Also, for example a first time visitor can buy a) only the conference registration, or b) conference registration with 2 years membership.
A user with an active subscription can do the same: buy a) only the conference registration, or b) conference registration with 2 years membership.
2) Once the user has selected his ticket(s) he can enter his profile data on the second page. Or, if he is a registered user, his data are displayed in the form automatically and he can choose to update them. It is also checked if an email address already exists.
3) On page three the user can optionally answer a questionaire.
4) On page for There is a tick box for food preferences, a general message box and a captcha. Form can be submitted.
5) On submission, if it is a new user, the user will be registered and forwarded to the payment page of CBSubs where he can pay for his tickets. Various emails are fired, the usual CB and CBSubs emails, but also some RSForm admin emails that contain the data of the submission so we have a record what is happening. If the user selected ticket+2years membership a 2 years free mebership will be activated at the same time.
If the user is an existing user with a valid subscription it is pretty much the same. His profile data are updated, he will be redirected to the payment page to pay his tickets, and if he has chosen the event + 2 free years, he will be renewed for 2 extra years in his subscription.
6) We also have lifetime members who obviously don't see the + 2 free years plans.
7) There are some particularities, for example students must upload a valid student ID and will have to wait for confirmation before they can pay in CBSubs. So they are registered but not approved, after approval they can log into CB and then the payment page is automatically displayed and they pay.
8) Depending on the merchanidse plans chosen the user might get added to a certain Joomla user group.

Hm, I hope this is a bit clearer now...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #284052 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display Cb Antispam elsewhere

1) On the first page the available tickets are displayed (CBSubs merchandise). The displayed tickets are depending if the user has an active subscription, and/or is in particular usergroups (for example students, or retired), or if he is a first time visitor, or if he is a registered user whose subscription has expired.
Also, for example a first time visitor can buy a) only the conference registration, or b) conference registration with 2 years membership.
A user with an active subscription can do the same: buy a) only the conference registration, or b) conference registration with 2 years membership.

You can actually do this now in basically a Joomla article. You'd setup buttons to select whichever merchandise they want which would take them to the payment page or the registration page. Now you can even send them directly to the basket page if they're logged in. Using the new CBSubs content prepare usage you can condition inline if someone has an active subscription, expired, etc.. See the below news article regarding this.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18550-cbsubs-gpl-4-1-with-timed-content-taxes-inclusive-price-display-and-plan-substitutions-usable-anywhere

You can also do this directly on the registration page or plans page (it acts as both depending on if logged in or not) and just have workflows conditions or access configured as needed. To avoid having a large list of fields you can enable step by step registration within CB > Configuration > Registration.

2) Once the user has selected his ticket(s) he can enter his profile data on the second page. Or, if he is a registered user, his data are displayed in the form automatically and he can choose to update them. It is also checked if an email address already exists.

I would avoid additional pages entirely by simply using Step by Step registration layout configured in CB > Configuration > Registration. If they're already logged in they should just simply see their plans to select/renew.

3) On page three the user can optionally answer a questionaire.

This would simply be a new tab with your questionnaire fields on it. Since it's step by step they'll only have access to it once completing the previous steps.

4) On page for There is a tick box for food preferences, a general message box and a captcha. Form can be submitted.

Again, just against tab for step by step usage. No page loads necessary.

5) On submission, if it is a new user, the user will be registered and forwarded to the payment page of CBSubs where he can pay for his tickets. Various emails are fired, the usual CB and CBSubs emails, but also some RSForm admin emails that contain the data of the submission so we have a record what is happening. If the user selected ticket+2years membership a 2 years free mebership will be activated at the same time.
If the user is an existing user with a valid subscription it is pretty much the same. His profile data are updated, he will be redirected to the payment page to pay his tickets, and if he has chosen the event + 2 free years, he will be renewed for 2 extra years in his subscription.

CB already handles notifying admins of new registrations, but can be extended further with CBSubs emails or emails configured with CB Auto Actions. CBSubs already handles the subscription workflows so nothing further to do there.

6) We also have lifetime members who obviously don't see the + 2 free years plans.

Under workflows of your 2 free years plan simply configure it so it's not displayed if they've an active lifetime subscription.

7) There are some particularities, for example students must upload a valid student ID and will have to wait for confirmation before they can pay in CBSubs. So they are registered but not approved, after approval they can log into CB and then the payment page is automatically displayed and they pay.

If you need conditioned approval you can probably accomplish this using CB Auto Actions to toggle their approval off or on as needed. CBSubs plans can be configured to accept payment before or after approval, etc.. Uploading student ID is simply a File fieldtype, which is built into CB.

8) Depending on the merchanidse plans chosen the user might get added to a certain Joomla user group.

Should be doable from the Access tab of your merchandise plan otherwise CB Auto Actions absolutely can do this.

It'd take time to reconfigure all of this, but you'd completely eliminate needing to maintain custom code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284060 by poml
Thanks for the detailed analysis. It sounds doable I guess.

One quick question comes to mind: can I have 2 independent registration pages? Because we have the event stuff, but also there is the normal registration, where people just become members, no questionnaire, no extra fields, at the moment this is just a single page with 5 plans and personal data input.

I think I am ready with my code now to update. So I could update my page, then clone it again and start playing with building a new page the way you suggested. But it will take me a few months to do it -- I am working on this on a voluntary basis.

7 years 8 months ago #284065 by krileon

One quick question comes to mind: can I have 2 independent registration pages? Because we have the event stuff, but also there is the normal registration, where people just become members, no questionnaire, no extra fields, at the moment this is just a single page with 5 plans and personal data input.

With CB Profile Pro, yes as believe it supports URLs for specific registration forms. With regular CB you can use a radio field or select field to determine the registration type then use CB Conditional to show/hide tabs/fields based off that value. CB Conditional can also use static conditions using Custom > Value. So it can condition fields/tabs based off a value in the URL. So lets say for example you've &type=event in the URL you can condition against it using [get_type] (probably a not equal to condition so profile update will also make most sense).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284068 by poml
Joomlapolis could not do this custom configuration you suggest for if we paid for it? In the end, you know your software best.

7 years 8 months ago #284071 by krileon
Our installation services are for basic setups. We do not cover configurations like this. We just don't have the time. We're only a 3 person team so there's only so much time in a day and taking a day or days to configure a single install for a single user neglects everyone else and stops development cycles.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn