CB Activity - Users unable to comment

7 years 8 months ago #284023 by wbuk
Hi, we are using the CB Activity module on the main page of our website. When users post a picture, etc, it shows up in the Activity Stream as it should.

However, only Super Users are able to comment on the posts in the Activity Stream. Other users are not able to.

Comments are enabled (both in CB Activity plugin and the module concerned).
Comments Create Access is set to Public (tried Registered users as well) both in plugin and module.

Is there anything we are missing here?

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #284044 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity - Users unable to comment
Commenting on another users activity is limited to Connections of that user and of course CB Moderators. A parameter is planned to be added in next release to remove the connections check for streams of your choosing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wbuk

7 years 1 month ago #292200 by DG5FU
Replied by DG5FU on topic CB Activity - Users unable to comment
Hi Krileon,
thanks for your clarification. I was going bunkers with same issue and I am glad to read your explanation.
However, its complicate to explain to the user about such behaivor. I would be glad to have this improved soon.
Yours,
Andy

7 years 1 month ago #292210 by krileon
This is already improved for CB Activity 4.0.0 where you'll be able to turn off the connection check.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DG5FU, wbuk

7 years 1 month ago #292217 by DG5FU
Replied by DG5FU on topic CB Activity - Users unable to comment
Thanks Kyle,
am I right this one is not yet published? I can only find 3.x in the download section. When is it expected to be out for use?

Many thanks and have a nice day.

Andy

7 years 1 month ago #292219 by krileon
CB Activity 4.0.0 is not yet available. Migration will be built into CB Activity 4.0.0 so you're free to use CB Activity 3.x for the time being, but CB Activity 3.x will not allow you to turn off the connection check.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: DG5FU

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn