User List Search Fields Question

7 years 6 months ago #287191 by siala
User List Search Fields Question was created by siala
I have a number of searchable fields selected in the "fields to search" list for a user list yet none of them appear in the user list search criteria section when viewing the actual list in the front end. What other plugins/configuration options control if fields are allowed to appear as search criteria?

Joomla! Version 3.6.2 Stable [ Noether ] 4-August-2016 23:41 GMT
PHP Version 5.6.24
mysql version 5.6.32-78.1
community builder version 2.0.15+build.2016.09.18.15.00.02.b2e3df5e1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #287210 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User List Search Fields Question
Ensure CB Core within CB > Plugin Management is set to Public access otherwise core fields can't be accessed while not logged in. Ensure the fields selected are also published and set to be searchable within CB > Field Management. If still not showing what type of fields are they? Some fields don't have search (e.g. Code and Query fields don't).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #287239 by siala
Replied by siala on topic User List Search Fields Question

Ensure CB Core within CB > Plugin Management is set to Public access otherwise core fields can't be accessed while not logged in.

The list is only available to logged in users. cb core is also set to public

Ensure the fields selected are also published and set to be searchable within CB > Field Management.

Yep they are all published and searchable

If still not showing what type of fields are they?

so far only text fields, text area, single/multi select drop downs

ive just noticed that for some, not all, of these fields they appear if i completely disable the "cb subs fields tabs protect" settings i have for the field even though "Viewer Plans controlling field searchable" is blank. Ive also found that if i change "cb subs fields tabs protect" from "Yes, CB subs control field availability" to "Yes, CB subs control detailed field access" for both options and change no settings the field appears. Why is this? Its kind of annoying as i also then have to change all the moderator fields to yes as well.

There are still other fields that do not have "cb subs fields tabs protect" configured and are not appearing.

7 years 5 months ago #287261 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User List Search Fields Question
If the field is protected by a subscription it can't be accessed at all if the viewing user doesn't have a subscription. CB Conditional can also condition a fields search away. Your issue appears entirely configuration related. Disable both CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection and CB Conditional userlist search protection can be disabled. For CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection ensure "B. Field visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions" is set to "Yes, viewer's CB subs control detailed visibility" for better control if you're conditioning based off the viewer. If you don't use detailed mode then it combines the simplified configuration and will condition the search as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: siala

7 years 5 months ago #287289 by siala
I just remembered that i have "CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection" on some of the tabs as well as the fields. The remaining missing search fields were being hidden because of the tab settings. thanks for your help.

7 years 5 months ago #287291 by siala
one more question. Why does having the field parameter "show on profile" set to "No" prevent the search field from appearing on the user list search criteria even when the field is set to searchable?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn