Unable to restrict a chat module usage for free plan

7 years 2 months ago #290434 by krileon

1) Why Joomla ACL has no issues or memory problems with its own articles , some of them even has my custom code running yet they load at a fast speed with less than half of the memory usage of the Cb profile page.

Joomla content does have memory issues when you've a lot of content. With that said Joomla content is simple. There's nothing complex about its access checks and can be entirely done via database query. That's not the case for a lot of other things

2) Why are the Mentioned CB articles, blogs, forums causing so much memory utilization, when infact i have disabled the CB articles, Forums , blogs fields from cb profile?

Loading plugins through API is heavy. The more plugins you have the heavier it gets. If you're unpublished they won't load at all on frontend.

3) I tried to disable the CB articles plugin and log back into a user profile and the website crashes with a fatal error, there is definitely something not right with the plugin handler that is leaking memory and causing crash on disabling. when i check the part of code causing memory issues it leads me to an array in CB plugin code . I have attached this for your reference,Please.

None of what you're experiencing is normal. You have something likely configured incorrectly causing a fatal error, which is consuming a ton of resources.

Please find the error screenshot i get after disable the CB articles plugin.

That has nothing to do with any one specific plugin and is just the plugin function calling behavior.

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #290448 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

I have just PM'ed you the site credentials with super access.

Thanks
Pranay

7 years 2 months ago #290454 by krileon
I'm not seeing any memory issues with your site and profiles have an average of 3.5s load time without and form of caching or compression even though you've a lot of jQuery (chat, cb activity, etc..) and 145 fields (that's a lot). Note CB it self and many of your plugins are out of date; please be sure to update everything. I don't know what more to suggest unless you can provide steps to reliably trigger your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #290498 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

to get the Fatal error, as i mentioned , you will need to disable CB_articles plugin in CB PLUGIN management area. and then try to go to a user profile.

Thanks
Pranay

7 years 2 months ago #290534 by krileon
I did disable CB Articles plugin and navigate to profile. It caused no issues as expected. Nothing depends on CB Articles being published. Your memory usage is fine, but you've PHP that's taking longer than 30 seconds execute. When that fatal error occurs is it the exact same error as shown in your screenshot in the below reply? It's important that it's exact. If it's not then it's some random PHP operation causing long load times and nothing specific to CB (could be a Joomla system plugin or module).

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/235707-unable-to-restrict-a-chat-module-usage-for-free-plan?start=12#290432

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 2 months ago #290683 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

Yes that issue is specific to local host, I am unable to replicate that on live server, as the server loads the Profile irrespective of if CB article is loaded or not.
Please note that i have disabled all Plugins, Modules and 2rd party components and only left Cb running, but the memory utilization only dropped to 69 from 74,

also the Xdebug shows the highest time and memory is being taken by Get cb Plugin. which is reloading for each CB plugin.
Also the Joomla Debug mode shows memory spike only when CB loads.

Please note that i have disabled all components except CB. There is definitely a memory bottleneck there. but why is there a bottleneck in My CB install is a mystery.

Also i have fixed the Joomla Asset table , but that has not fixed the issue, it is not a Joomla issue as far as i can tell from my investigation over last so many days.

Thanks
Pranay

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn