Unable to restrict a chat module usage for free plan

7 years 3 months ago #289938 by krileon

I have attached the screenshot,i see only couple % signs in CBSubs>settings>display>plans.

That is not a valid usage. Substitutions are used with [FIELD_NAME] as documented below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

The sprintf ran on that is breaking because it's reading 2 % usages. Changing %username% to %s or [username] should fix that issue.

you are referring to Sorcerer due to last 2 lines in the error log? but the code i have used is working fine and not outputting any errors till now. the Sorcerer error cameup after i accidentally deleted files from my site as it was timing out too often (Thankfully i backup regularly).

So restoring the backup of those files has fixed that error?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289947 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

I have removed the %'s for now to monitor for errors.
The restore from backup fixed the sorcerer error as it was caused because i accidentally deleted some files but i still get timeouts randomly though not as often as before restore. The backup i restored was from after upgrading my CB Subs to latest version but before i started the CBsubs configuration.
The slowest page seems to be a users own profile page, where i am using CBsubs to hide the chat module and also some tabs and fields from Free users. Not sure how to improve this.

Thanks
Pranay

7 years 3 months ago #289948 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

One important aspect that got missed was you mentioned that the URL here is not correct :-

/index.php/2015-01-17-06-18-21

I wanted to mention that since the latest CB is SEF ,so i enabled the SEF from Joomla backend and after that the URLhave changed to what you see above.
My SEO settings in Joomla:-

SEF URL's - Yes
Use URL Rewriting - No
Adds Suffix to URL - No
Unicode Aliases - No
Unicode Aliases - No

Thanks
Pranay

7 years 3 months ago #289957 by krileon
The alias just looks like an external menu item generated alias. Ensure your Joomla menu item to CBSubs is an internal one, which is done by selecting menu type Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB Paid Subscriptions.

Once you're sure the fatal errors have been solved any remaining performance issues may just likely be due to whatever extensions you maybe using. Chat modules are heavy so it may have optimization issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289985 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

This Menu alias is for the CB User profile.

BTW - the error has not come back since I removed the %'s , the slow is still there in user profile, i will change the Menu to a CB menu type as suggested and also check all Modules specially the ones created by me.

7 years 3 months ago #289988 by krileon

This Menu alias is for the CB User profile.

Ensure it's a proper internal Joomla menu item to CBs profile page.

BTW - the error has not come back since I removed the %'s , the slow is still there in user profile, i will change the Menu to a CB menu type as suggested and also check all Modules specially the ones created by me.

The slowness is probably just due to something being loaded. Simply way of debugging that is to turn things off 1 by 1 basically.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn