[#6422] Expired plans stay expired after update to another one or basket pending

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289955 by activha
Hello

1) If there is an expired plan and our users update to another one, it seems that the expired plan still shows expired even after completion of the update.

Do you have a suggestion why ?

2) Usually when a plan is subscribed and a basket is pending, there is a button with Pay Now and the invoice is set and marked as waiting payment.
We have a plan with the price depending on a cb field (promotion used). For this plan, when a basket is pending and an invoice set as waiting, the payment button stays at Reactivate instead of Pay Now.
This leads our users to click again and then issue a second basket which they can pay directly instead of paying the first one.

Any idea from where it could come ?

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289960 by krileon
The payment button for the expired plan should always say reactivate. If they've a pending basket for it it should just redisplay the basket (this allows them to change payment method basically). If they're upgrading to another plan it should still display as is until the new plan is active. Since the plan is expired it's not really an upgrade from it to another plan as they don't have an active plan. The upgraded state is used to determine that Plan A is/was active when upgrading to Plan B mainly for prorating calculations, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289962 by activha

krileon wrote: The payment button for the expired plan should always say reactivate. If they've a pending basket for it it should just redisplay the basket (this allows them to change payment method basically)...

Nope, with the plan id 45 if there is a pending basket it does not redisplay the basket/invoice but triggers a new basket/invoice. With other plans, if there is a pending basket, it does redisplay the basket.

krileon wrote: If they're upgrading to another plan it should still display as is until the new plan is active. ...

Once the new plan is activated, is it safe to suppress the old plan in the user back office so that only the new one is displayed. This would be more understandable for our cases. Would this keep the old baskets/invoices on the user's tab ?

7 years 3 months ago #289971 by krileon

Nope, with the plan id 45 if there is a pending basket it does not redisplay the basket/invoice but triggers a new basket/invoice. With other plans, if there is a pending basket, it does redisplay the basket.

Is it an offline payment gateway? Does the plan allow the user to subscribe to it more than once? Is it a subscription plan or merchandise plan? The only reason for it to make a new basket is if the current one is pending payment and the plan allows multiple subscriptions. Can't see a reason for CBSubs to create another basket for the exact same plan unless maybe the price is different (e.g. promotion being applied maybe).

Once the new plan is activated, is it safe to suppress the old plan in the user back office so that only the new one is displayed. This would be more understandable for our cases. Would this keep the old baskets/invoices on the user's tab ?

You can hide a plan based off the status of another under the Workflows tab. Hiding a plan has no affect on their invoices page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289978 by activha

Can't see a reason for CBSubs to create another basket for the exact same plan unless maybe the price is different (e.g. promotion being applied maybe).

That may be it !
This is a plan with calculated price depending upon promotion based upon a CB field
So I guess that in this case CBSubs considers a new subscription each time even if only one is authorized at the same time.
This is a subscription plan, one year, only one at a time, price based upon promotion/CB field, payment gateways is Ogone

How can I cope with this if it comes from promotion application ?

7 years 3 months ago #289982 by krileon
Yeah that's probably it then. It creates the basket then runs through promotions for the totalizer. When it initially creates the basket it doesn't match any existing basket since the existing basket already has been totalized so it just creates a new one. I don't know what to suggest as this may or may not be a bug. I don't have a workaround at this time other than manually clear up cases when this happens.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn