[#6422] Expired plans stay expired after update to another one or basket pending

7 years 3 months ago #289991 by activha
Well with 400 annual subscriptions on this plan, it will be a loss of time each year.
Further this plan is used for business companies and will artificially create duplicate invoices with alternate invoice numbers. We'll be obliged to make manual "avoirs" each time as we do now, that's just crazy as CBSubs is not good for manual things.

This would be good to find a way to avoid it if any.
Is it possible to change this plan with the price directly coming from a cb field instead of going through the subscription process ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289996 by krileon

that's just crazy as CBSubs is not good for manual things.

It's a subscription management plugin meant for automating subscriptions. This needs to be investigated further as I don't know if it's intended behavior at this time. It probably needs to do the existing basket check after it runs totalizers so CBSubs Promotions and CBSubs Tax calculations can be factored in.

Is it possible to change this plan with the price directly coming from a cb field instead of going through the subscription process ?

Depends on how dynamic your price is. If you need it truly dynamic based off the value in a field then CBSubs Promotions is the only solution. If you just need the plan conditioned off various factors it maybe easier to make multiple plans and condition their display based off the fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290028 by activha

It probably needs to do the existing basket check after it runs totalizers so CBSubs Promotions and CBSubs Tax calculations can be factored in.

Yes that would be very good

Depends on how dynamic your price is. If you need it truly dynamic based off the value in a field then CBSubs Promotions is the only solution

Yes unfortunately we need a special computed price for each customer of this special plan. We plan to migrate them but it will take some years and old customers will stick to their old prices :-)

You can hide a plan based off the status of another under the Workflows tab. Hiding a plan has no affect on their invoices page.

I dont find the way to hide it when there is a valid subscription for a customer. We unpublished it, set new inscription and renewal to no, restricted it to super admin but it's still visible when I go through a customer page.
As it is an old free plan that we are talking about and not the above one, would it be safe :
- either to use the mass tool and set all subscriptions to expired,
- or simply remove it from the DB and remove all attached subscriptions ?

thanks for all

7 years 3 months ago #290038 by krileon

I dont find the way to hide it when there is a valid subscription for a customer. We unpublished it, set new inscription and renewal to no, restricted it to super admin but it's still visible when I go through a customer page.
As it is an old free plan that we are talking about and not the above one, would it be safe :
- either to use the mass tool and set all subscriptions to expired,
- or simply remove it from the DB and remove all attached subscriptions ?

You'd configure it as follows to hide the free plan under the Workflows tab in "Subscriptions upgrades workflows" section. This should prevent the free plan from displaying if they're actively subscribed to the paid plan.

First static condition: This condition must be met to allow upgrades:
Any of the following plans subscriptions: SELECT_PAID_PLAN_HERE
Must be in state: Active

If the free plan isn't used anymore you can set it to stop allowing new registrations and upgrades under the Workflows tab entirely then under the Pricing tab set it to be non-renewable. This will allow existing subscriptions to it to continue until they expire, but won't let anymore subscribe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290040 by activha

If the free plan isn't used anymore you can set it to stop allowing new registrations and upgrades under the Workflows tab entirely then under the Pricing tab set it to be non-renewable. This will allow existing subscriptions to it to continue until they expire, but won't let anymore subscribe.

Thanks, that's what we did but the point is that the subscription is still visible in the client CBSubs tab, even marked as expired and even if we unpublished the plan.

Is it normal ?
How can we hide it except by css ?

7 years 3 months ago #290256 by beat
- Is plan exclusive or non-exclusive ?
- if non-exclusive, in plan setting, at end of worflows tab, what is the setting for "Multiple subscriptions per user" ?

If the last setting allows multiple subscriptions it could explain the behavior which would be correct....

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn