Phone Field corrupted

7 years 3 months ago #290262 by stuntlist
Phone Field corrupted was created by stuntlist
Hi,

We have used CB for over 7 years now. We have upgraded from CB 1 to CB 2. I just upgraded the site from CB 2.0.15 to CB 2.1.0. We had a CB text field called "Home Phone" and the field was cb_phone. After the last upgrade when you go into CB Fields the "Home Phone" field now has a type of "Predefined name and username fields" and is now "alias" instead of "cb_phone". I looked in the database and in the comprofiler table there is still a field called cb_phone and it has the phone numbers in it.

How is the best way to get the CB "Home Phone" field back to using "cb_phone" instead of "alias" and being a "text field"? We do not want to loose all the phone numbers as there are over 1000 users in this site.

How/why did this happen?

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290280 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Phone Field corrupted
Please see the below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/235727-builds-and-phone-field-phone-has-disappeared?start=6#290045

This issue has been fixed in latest build and for next release (CB 2.1.1). Already affected installs can take some steps to manually fix it (next release and build will not fix this for you).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn