Auto Actions - has something changed? Not firing any more

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290430 by poml
Hi,

my Auto Actions are not working any more as expected. Did something change? It has worked until recently, like until a few weeks ago.

I got the version from Jan 3 installed, it seems to me it has worked before that version. This fits with my user database and update records.

I have plenty of auto actions that fire on
onCPayUserStateChange
. They are supposed to set and unset various usergroups when a user subscription is paid or expires.
They all have conditions like
[{"field":"[var2]","operator":"1","value":"A","translate":"1"},{"field":"[var3]","operator":"0","value":"1","translate":"1"}]
Which checks wether a plan is active or not.
The action then is like this
{"usergroup":[{"mode":"remove","parent":"0","title":"","add":"1","groups":"32"}]}
Which sets or unsets a user group.

Now, this used to work fine for the past few years, but I just noticed today that not all the actions fire. Only some of them.

My problem is, I do not understand why. I was wondering if someone could have a look or advice...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290433 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Next under Parameters of your auto action enable Debug. This will output any debug errors if the action failed. So for example if the condition fails it'll output that it did and what it tried to condition against.

If your plan is a free lifetime plan then be sure to enable subscriptions for free lifetime plans within CBSubs > Settings > Global.

The changes made in CB Auto Actions for the January 3rd release were to the auto action that fires other auto actions. It was to ensure the auto actions it's firing are published. Before that in December some changes were made to fix the usergroup action not properly building the group ids array.

Note if you chain multiple actions that modify the user 1 after another you may need to enable Reload User under the Parameters tab of your action so it can be aware of the previous actions changes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290437 by poml
Is it possible to downgrade autoactions so I can verify it was working with an older version?

7 years 3 months ago #290441 by poml
Hm, I downgraded on my test side to plug_cbautoactions_6.3.5+build.2016.09.02.04.28.03.7c5a13bc1
It still works fine with that version. I upgrade now one by one.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290446 by krileon
What actions specifically are giving you issues? Just the change of usergroups? Does enabling Reload User solve your issue? Downgrading is not recommended; please be sure to have a backup before doing so.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290447 by poml
Yes, working on my offline site.
The version from 20 Nov 2016 still works fine.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn