Error subscribing to Merchandise

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #291034 by ksaltman
Error subscribing to Merchandise was created by ksaltman
I am trying to create plans that are essentially a fee to attend a group rally.

I have created the merchandise plan as a TOP level plan, non-exclusive and used the URL at the top of the plan details to link to it from an article.

I am getting the following error after selecting the plan and clicking the BUY button.

"Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen).
Please press back button and select the subscription plan to which you would like to upgrade."

What would be causing this? Note I have checked and all my components are up to date as of today.

TIA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291042 by ksaltman
Replied by ksaltman on topic Error subscribing to Merchandise
I believe I have this solved. Had to do with another subscription the user was subscribed to.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 2 months ago #291469 by ksaltman
OK Not solved :(!

Rolled the merchandise subscription into production and first person who tried to pay got the error

"Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen)."

He has 2 active subscriptions. Subscription 1 was a annual subscription that is set to expire in about 2 weeks. The second is a 2 year subscription which he upgraded to (sort of) that is also active set to expire in about 2 years. They are both top level subscriptions that are set as non-exclusive.

What he is trying to purchase is a merchandise subscription that is top level and also not exclusive. I've backed off on any security issues I can think of by setting the plan to Public access.

Is there anyway to debug this? Anyway someone can log in and have a look. I can PM the details. Today was supposed to be the go live day :(.

7 years 2 months ago #291472 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error subscribing to Merchandise
A combination error like that usually means an Exclusive plan is present, but not selected. Exclusive basically also means Mandatory unless conditioned away. Example scenario where this can happen as follows.

Plan 1 - Non-Exclusive
Plan 2 - Exclusive

With the above plans I have set Plan 1 as default so it's selected and Plan 2 is not. If I attempt to subscribe/register I will get a combination error since Plan 2 is exclusive (mandatory) and is not selected. In this case both should be Exclusive or both should be non-Exclusive. The alternative is Plan 2 hides when Plan 1 is selected using conditions under the Workflows tab of Plan 2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291473 by ksaltman
All the plans he is subscribed to are set to not exclusive and the one he is trying to buy is also not exclusive.

7 years 2 months ago #291475 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error subscribing to Merchandise
So you've no exclusive plans at all? It works fine by setting the plan to public access as well? Very strange. Check within _cbsubs_plans database table to see if you've any plan rows that don't exist in CBSubs > Plans as maybe a bad database row.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn