[#6532] Extra text in Basket/Invoice item description field

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #292096 by JerryK132
Extra text is appearing in our invoices (see capture1) alongside the plan name. Capture2 shows the plan selection page and it is the "Title of registration choice" text at the top which is being inserted.

This is probably intentional and should be using a title like "Subscriptions:" or similar, but as the next button is way down on some devices, people don't always see it and they get stuck trying to move to the next tab by clicking on the tabs instead of the Next btn. Is there any way we can insert a longer title but not have it included on the invoices?

Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago #292100 by krileon
I'm unable to confirm your issue. The default value for "Title of registration choice" is "Subscription Plan" and is not displaying on the basket in my tests. Please ensure that text wasn't added to "Payment basket item text" within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets as that's responsible for the basket text display. The default value for "Payment basket item text" is "[ITEMS_ALIASES] for [USERNAME]".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 weeks ago #292117 by JerryK132
Thanks Krileon. "Payment basket item text" is set to the default your indicated. Could [ITEMS_ALIASES] be getting corrupted by the title? Seems very unlikely.

In fact I went back to old invoices before we we change the "Subscriptions Plan" and it came out as:
Subscription Plan: Annual Membership for cb_bgm_test

So the title was being inserted then too - in 2014. Just made more sense.

Interestingly if we look in Baskets at the Invoice list, the Items column does not prepend the title in the entries..

I guess we'll have to go back to the default title if there is no other way of suppressing it.

7 years 2 weeks ago #292126 by krileon
Aha, I see. It's applying for subscription plans only. That's actually only supposed to be added if [PLANS_TITLE] is used. I checked a merchandise plan in my test. That certainly seams like a bug. Have added a bug ticket for further investigation. I suggest setting "Title of registration choice" back to "Subscription Plan" for the time being.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JerryK132

7 years 2 weeks ago #292135 by JerryK132
Excellent! Thanks. Will do.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn