CB Activity

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #292172 by Andromeda57
CB Activity was created by Andromeda57
In older versions it was easy.. But know we can not find where to configure what activities are shown... Own activities, activities of connections or all activities?

Or would it be better to wait for cb activity 4 because of the new "following option" ? (Do you know when it will be ready to install? Got first email for cb activity 4 weeks ago).

Thanks

Tobias

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #292174 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity
There's no configuration of what activity shows in the current release. The recent activity page shows all activity. The my activity page shows your activity and your connections. With CB Activity 4.0.0 this all changes as you'll be able to specify the Asset of the stream, which determines what is displayed.

Or would it be better to wait for cb activity 4 because of the new "following option" ? (Do you know when it will be ready to install? Got first email for cb activity 4 weeks ago).

Within the next 2 weeks. Ideally end of next week, but most likely end of following week after next. I had some snags with the Likes usage so that delayed it a few days and took a day or two working on the Notifications design. You can monitor progress below and as you'll notice it's basically in the "home stretch".

forge.joomlapolis.com/versions/704

I've also been posting progress updates below to keep everyone informed of what's going on.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/236174-streams-everywhere-follow-everyone?start=6

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 days ago #292433 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic CB Activity
Ok, thanks for your information.

Really happy for new cb activity and waiting for it. :silly:

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #292890 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic CB Activity
Nice to see new cb activity is out.

But need some hep / information with it...

What does the "follow" and "like" buttons do exactly?

How can we show a stream with just the own activities and activities of the connections or the followed profiles? We tried some combinations and settings in assets, but the stream always shows all activities?

And additional question: Does the user have the choice who can see his activities (public, connections, none)?

Thanks

6 years 11 months ago #292903 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity

What does the "follow" and "like" buttons do exactly?

The follow allows a user to follow an asset. When they do this it causes any activity using that asset to be displayed on any stream with the following asset specified. Specifically My Activity and their Activity profile tab will show followed activity.

Likes simply likes an asset. Doesn't do anything beyond that. Same as other social sites basically.

How can we show a stream with just the own activities and activities of the connections or the followed profiles? We tried some combinations and settings in assets, but the stream always shows all activities?

If you're changing the asset of a My Activity or Recent Activity menu item it won't do anything. You need to set the menu items Action to Activity.

And additional question: Does the user have the choice who can see his activities (public, connections, none)?

They can only control privacy of their activity tab if you enable privacy controls on it using CB Activity. There is no individual activity post privacy controls yet. That will be available after I've rewritten CB Privacy API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds