Passwords generated by CB Connect

7 years 1 month ago #292330 by wbuk
Passwords generated by CB Connect was created by wbuk
When a user sign up with their Facebook account through CB Connect, presumably a random password is generated for them.

How do they find out what this password is? On the pending email the password is encrypted (shown as [PASSWORD]).

The situation is that we don't want the users to sign in using Facebook, but only to register an account (to speed up the sign up process). However, without them knowing their password, they can't log in?

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #292334 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Passwords generated by CB Connect
CB Connect doesn't sending a pending email unless you enable confirmation within CB Connect in which case you should be able to have [password] in the pending email within CB > Configuration > Registration otherwise if no confirmation or approval is enabled it'd need to be in the welcome email. This however isn't a usecase that was taken into consideration when developing the plugin so you may have mixed results trying to force it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #292342 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Passwords generated by CB Connect
When a user sign up with their Facebook account, shouldn't they get a password to login?

We have enabled and disabled email confirmation but with the same result: in the pending or the welcome email, the password is shown as [PASSWORD].

If a user sign up through the normal method, the password they filled in the registration form will show in the pending/welcome email.

Web Buster UK Ltd

7 years 1 month ago #292343 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Passwords generated by CB Connect

When a user sign up with their Facebook account, shouldn't they get a password to login?

Yes, they're given a randomly generated one, but in normal usecases it isn't needed as CB Connect handles the entire login process.

We have enabled and disabled email confirmation but with the same result: in the pending or the welcome email, the password is shown as [PASSWORD].

CB Connect does not set the plaintext password in the user object at any time during registration so it can never email it. There's already a bug ticket to fix this to allow for this usecase. For now you can either allow login with CB Connect or use the pre-filled mode to pre-fill registration.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6404

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wbuk

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn