Adding Transaction Number To Email

7 years 1 week ago #292402 by bins
When a we receive a paid membership or renewal, I need to add a unique reference to a document to be emailed after a few days.

One part of the reference will be their membership number, however, I would like to add a transaction reference. However, how can I insert the latest reference e.g. renewal, and not anyone e.g. the original joining one.

I also need to insert the date( & time) of the transaction

I hope this makes sense!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 week ago #292404 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Adding Transaction Number To Email
I should have mentioned that I will be using the CB Mailer.

I have found the date parameters:
[SUBSCRIPTION_SIGNUP_DATE]
[SUBSCRIPTION_LAST_RENEWAL_DATE]

Just need a transaction reference now!

Also, can I use my own substitution fields or is it set to the ones you show?

7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #292407 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Adding Transaction Number To Email
Depends entirely on where you're sending that email from as to what substitutions are available. Are you using the emails configured in your plans directly or CBSubs Mailer? You may have to use CB Query Field to query for that information then substitute it in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #292414 by bins
I would like to use the CB Subs Mailer, as I can automatically send on joining and renewal.

Or would you suggest a different mail system?

7 years 1 week ago #292418 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Adding Transaction Number To Email
By transaction number do you mean the item number (e.g. M37-42-10), the invoice number (e.g. U240441192696044), or the actual transaction id sent by the payment gateway (e.g. 9093733366416)? The problem is all 3 are stored with the basket and not with the subscription. The emails work off subscription and not basket. This means CBSubs Mailer and the presentation tab emails won't have access to this information. I believe the only way you'll be able to substitute that in is probably to query for the users most recently paid basket using CB Query Field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 week ago #292419 by bins
Thanks for the quick response.

Invoice or transaction would be best, as it is to go onto a document where we might need to trace 'authenticity', so it needs to be real, unique and traceable.

Can you point me to a guide so I can try to use the CB Query Field?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn