[SOLVED] Cannot Edit Record on Backend

7 years 1 week ago - 6 years 2 months ago #293114 by ernienet
[SOLVED] Cannot Edit Record on Backend was created by ernienet
Joomla 3.6.5
CB 2.1.2

I'm SuperAdmin for the site and have "Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles" set to "Administrators and Super Administrators Only".

A person registered and I needed to edit a custom field so he'd show up on a list that displays on the website, but when I try to save, it jumps to the tab where the password field is and requires me to "Please enter the same value again." Obviously, I don't know the user's password, so I can't save the change!

I've never encountered this before, and I don't know what is causing it.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 week ago #293127 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot Edit Record on Backend
Your browsers auto complete is filling out the password field. Manually empty it or turn off your browsers auto complete. We already set autocomplete="off" for the password input, but most browsers or password extensions just ignore it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 week ago #293137 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Cannot Edit Record on Backend
Thank you - it's an odd thing. Maybe it was a background update to LastPass. My browser was already disabled for the auto-fill, so I checked to see what LastPass might have been doing. Sure enough, that's what it was. Why this just started after all these years, I don't know.

Thanks for the direction,
Ernie

7 years 1 week ago #293140 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot Edit Record on Backend
I use LastPass as well and unless you configure it to respect autocomplete it won't. It can be enabled in LastPass > Preferences > Advanced with the "Respect AutoComplete=off: allow websites to disable AutoFill" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301959 by ernienet
I just launched a new site, and I'm experiencing this again. I've checked LastPass and Chrome settings and they're all disabled. I even logged out of LastPass, so I know that's not the problem. I'm not sure what's causing it at this point, but whenever I try to edit a record on the backend, it won't let me save it without requiring that I enter a password.

Any insights would be appreciated - I'm dead in the water setting up the various user settings for people who register until this is resolved.

Thank you,
Ernie

6 years 2 months ago #301963 by ernienet
Note that this is also happening with IE and does NOT happen when I edit the Joomla core User record.

Thank you,
Ernie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn