[SOLVED] Cannot Edit Record on Backend

6 years 2 months ago #301964 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot Edit Record on Backend
If you're seeing "Please enter the same value again." again then you've filled out the first password input without filling out the verify password input. You're either doing this manually or you've autofill coming from your browser or a browser extension doing it. Empty the password field then save them as you normally would and it should be fine. Be sure to check the username and email field as well to ensure they didn't change to yours. Review your browser settings and browser extension parameters carefully. CB doesn't have functionality to be doing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301965 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Cannot Edit Record on Backend
No - it's showing both fields as requiring input -in the sense that they're required fields.

Ernie

6 years 2 months ago #301969 by ernienet
Here's what I'm getting - nothing is filled in, and it's blank when I open it.

It's happening in Chrome, IE and Edge. Only Chrome and Edge have LastPass installed, but I tried disabling it in both, but it made no difference. I also tried it in my Android phone, and it did the same thing.

Is there a setting in Joomla that might be causing this?

Thank you,
Ernie
Attachments:

6 years 2 months ago #301971 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot Edit Record on Backend
Don't set the password field as required in CB > Field Management. Its required state will toggle automatically for frontend view and be non-required in backend. You can also set "Fields Validation in User Management" to "No" in CB > Configuration > User Profile to turn off validations in backend user edit/create.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301979 by ernienet
I just changed the "Fields Validation in User Management" option to "No" and that resolved the issue. Thank you for your patience with me.

Thank you for your patience - I guess when I was setting that up I assumed it would only be for the fields I designated as required.

I left the password field as "Required" because it will help secure front-end user edits.

Thank you,
Ernie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn