Change user group in frontend

6 years 11 months ago #293441 by Andromeda57
Change user group in frontend was created by Andromeda57
Is it possible that mods or admins can change the user group of a user in frontend?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293456 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change user group in frontend
ACL management is backend only. Only way to do it on frontend is I guess try to force something using CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293459 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Change user group in frontend
Ok, thanks for your answer.

We now just try it with the help of cb subs... Is it possible that the mods / admins can see and change the abonnement of a user in frontend, but the user can not do this? This would be very good....

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293465 by krileon
I don't know what an "abonnement" is so I've no idea what you're asking, sorry. Do you mean change the users subscription, but the user can't change it? You can't give a subscription from frontend like you can on backend. Frontend still goes through the purchase process unless I guess if you make the plans free.

You could have a CB field that's on a tab accessible to your moderators only or has edit access set to moderators only using CB Privacy. Then act on after update user trigger and condition off that field to give the user a usergroup if you really need this for frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293496 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Change user group in frontend
Ok, this seems to be the right way.. But couldn't make it work...

We have a field "cb_field" with values "yes" and "no"... When "yes", the user should be add to a special group...

We have set usergroup, on after update user, the condition for the field and the action... But user is not added to the group after a moderator changes the field in the user's profile to yes.. ?? Perhaps we have error in condition or so? In condition we have: "cb_field is yes" .. ??

6 years 11 months ago #293504 by krileon
Usually the error is in the condition. Many forget they need to supply an actual substitution. So you need to have the below for example.

[FIELD_NAME] Equal To yes

However, "yes" is a language string. So be sure the Yes|No selector is set to No so it doesn't try to pass through translations as it could result in your condition failing. The below is the common mistake people make configuring conditions.

FIELD_NAME Equal To yes

That will never match as it's literally comparing the string "FIELD_NAME" to "yes". The trigger you should be using exactly is: onAfterUserUpdate

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn