CB Login Module Redirect Issues

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293594 by highonryan
CB Login Module Redirect Issues was created by highonryan
I have the CB Login Module on the header of my site.

The module works perfectly when logging in or out of any page EXCEPT CB pages.

For example, if a user is on their profile page (#/index.php/cb-profile.html), and they decide to logout from their profile page, they should go back to the main home page, but instead they get redirected to a 404 error with the URL being #/index.php/undefined.

Every non-CB page works fine. This problem also occurs on login from a CB related page.

No matter what I put in the "Logout Redirection URL" it works fine on non-CB pages, but I get "undefined" on all CB pages.

I even created a new module, and that didn't solve the problem.

*EDIT*

I have no issue with logout when using a menu item, just the module.

*EDIT*

I am using CB 2.1.2+build.2017.04.22.08.39.26.2c97ef2a0 and Joomla 3.6.5

HELP!

Thanks,
HighOnRyan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293596 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Login Module Redirect Issues
If it's set to exactly # it'll attempt to redirect them back to the same page the logged out at, but depending on the access permissions of that page that may not work. It's best to specify a non-SEF URL beginning with index.php. What URL exactly are you specifying for the logout redirect?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293601 by highonryan
Replied by highonryan on topic CB Login Module Redirect Issues
index.php

I also tried
http://google.com

both worked for non-CB Pages, got "undefined" for CB pages

6 years 11 months ago #293605 by highonryan
Replied by highonryan on topic CB Login Module Redirect Issues
Actually this is happening any time I select any processing button within CB.

I tried to register, and when I clicked "Sign Up" it redirected me to "undefined"

Something weird is going on.

6 years 11 months ago #293606 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Login Module Redirect Issues
The default is index.php, which is working perfectly fine for me locally on CB pages and non-CB pages. I've also updated our base demo site to Joomla 3.7 and confirmed working fine there as well (public demo site will be updated in a few hours). Do you have a 3rd party SEF extension installed that could be altering the URLs? Joomla redirect component in use that could be redirecting away? Configured a redirect action in CB Auto Actions to trigger after logout?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn