[#6647] CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket

6 years 10 months ago #294470 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket
So how do we cope with regulatory rules for issuing an invoice for a recurring payment received ?

That's not good to have a system behave this way, it means that only payment gateways would issue invoices or that we have to issue manual invoices for all recurring payments, thus completely defeating the purpose of recurring payments and propose invoice features in front end to the customer/subscriber.

Most professional gateways would not issue invoices as this is not their purpose. Ingenico does not.
Further even if they would do it, the invoice numbering would not follow the rule that invoice numbering should be incremental.

By the way, we will pay for the development of a payment gateway for Slimpay with our developers and give it to you for CBsubs, but this invoice point needs to be addressed quickly as it is a serious flaw to develop sales and a problem for regulatory rules.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294474 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket
Don't use recurring payments for the time being if it doesn't fit your needs. Manual renewals always generate a new basket and thus a new invoice. I have already created a feature ticket and have already discussed with Beat that it needs to be addressed, how we could possibly implement this, and the risks of doing so. This is not as simple of a change as you want it to be. I don't know what more to tell you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294486 by activha
We use Ingenico for recurring payments
Is there a solution to keep the aliases registered at ingenico and trigger manual payments from our side ?
Would setting Ingenico gateway to "enable single payments only" keep the aliases/credit card and allow us to reuse them when triggering a manual renewal ?
Our customers registered their credit card for this and we cannot ask them to refill credit card field and redo the payment process each time. We would need to do it with their payment (credit card) data directly ?

Any solution ?

6 years 10 months ago #294489 by krileon
I've no idea if that'll work, but I guess you could try it. More than likely CBSubs will simply do nothing as it has no basket associated with the payment being sent to it. If it's an already paid basket and only accepts single payments it'll also likely just be ignored. There's no case for automatically generating new baskets. The reason manual renewals generate new baskets is the user is manually telling CBSubs to generate a new basket as the previous is already paid and completed. I've just exhausted the last 2 hours trying to force it with CB Auto Actions and it's just not possible without the supporting functions being made public and even then I've no idea if it'd be reliable or proper way to do it. The usecase you want just does not exist and needs to be implemented from the ground up.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #294949 by activha
I stopped the recurring function in the gateway but got messages from CBSubs indicating that it's not possible to make recurrent payments for the customers

How can I stop these emails from CBSubs ?

Did you have an update about this generation of invoice for recurring payments ?

Regards
Jean

6 years 9 months ago #294959 by krileon

I stopped the recurring function in the gateway but got messages from CBSubs indicating that it's not possible to make recurrent payments for the customers

How can I stop these emails from CBSubs ?

You stopped them how? From the payment provider? What CBSubs message is it sending?

Did you have an update about this generation of invoice for recurring payments ?

As I've already told you it's not happening anytime soon. It's a complete rewrite of our recurring payment behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn