CB Gallery Module

6 years 10 months ago #294896 by Andromeda57
CB Gallery Module was created by Andromeda57
Hey guys,

we try to do the following...

We have 2 joomla usergroups, 'a' and 'b'..

We use 2 CB Gallery Module, 'a' and 'b' to display images. Usergroup 'a' should see module 'a' and usergroup 'b' should see module 'b'.

The usergroups should only be able to see the right module and upload images.

How can we realize that?

Thanks.

Tobias

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294907 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery Module
Create 2 modules and set the view access level for the module accordingly. If you want the uploads to be unique to the module then set the asset for the gallery module to module.[module_id].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295017 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic CB Gallery Module
1. We have set the asset of one module to module.[180]... But when we create an album, it is not shown in the module ?????

2. Even if the viewing access is set to admins, the public users can see the private photos. That is not good...

3. Is there any tutorial or manual for cb gallery? Can not use it that way.. All private photos get public...

4. Do you plan some SEO for cb gallery??? domain.tld/cbgallery?action=folder&func=show&id=13&gallery=6d67d511827cd6ee327f6cdbb8d4c0ff&return=aHR0cHM6Ly9odW5kZWZyZXVuZGUubnJ3L2JpbGRlci11bmQtdmlkZW9zL2JpbGRlcmdhbGVyaWU= is not very search engine friendly ....

5. Is there a way to show which photo was uploaded by which user?

6 years 9 months ago #295018 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery Module

1. We have set the asset of one module to module.[180]... But when we create an album, it is not shown in the module ?????

Don't replace module_id with the actual module id as it's meant to be a substitution, but I forgot that's not implemented into CB Gallery yet and only in CB Activity at the moment. Instead set the asset to module.MODULE_ID, but this time do replace the id so you'd have "module.180" for 1 module and for your other for example "module.181". This would make the uploads to each be specific to the module.

2. Even if the viewing access is set to admins, the public users can see the private photos. That is not good...

I don't understand what you mean by private photos. There are no private photos. CB Gallery has no access permissions on a per photo basis. You can only control who can and can not see the gallery as a whole at this time. In this case it's just setting the access on the module it self.

4. Do you plan some SEO for cb gallery??? domain.tld/cbgallery?action=folder&func=show&id=13&gallery=6d67d511827cd6ee327f6cdbb8d4c0ff&return=aHR0cHM6Ly9odW5kZWZyZXVuZGUubnJ3L2JpbGRlci11bmQtdmlkZW9zL2JpbGRlcmdhbGVyaWU= is not very search engine friendly ....

Yes, all plugins with component endpoints like CB Gallery and a few others will have rewrite rules added. GJ is the first to really utilize this and is a test of this new API.

5. Is there a way to show which photo was uploaded by which user?

Who uploaded it is in the modal window. If you mean in the container box then no not unless you modify the template files and add it your self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds