[SOLVED] [#6682] String with alias override

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295091 by activha
Hello Kyle,

We were trying to override the language string :
'YOUR_CURRENT_PROFILE_URL_IS_URL' => 'Your current Profile URL is: ',

with
'YOUR_CURRENT_PROFILE_URL_IS_URL' => 'Your current domain URL is: [alias].site113.com',

Also tried with [column_alias], but none works

Can you help ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295096 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic String with alias override
Alias is empty if they haven't specific an alias. The alias generated internally is not stored so in your case that's going to cause empty output if you don't require them to supply a Profile URL. Will review adding an additional substitution for that language string to be able to substitute in just the alias.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6682

Also tried with [column_alias], but none works

Column substitutions do not exist outside of CB Query Field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295102 by activha
Replied by activha on topic String with alias override
For your info, even with alias chosen after registration, the substitution does not work.

6 years 9 months ago #295125 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic String with alias override
There is no substitutions on that language string beyond . Latest CB build also adds the [alias] substitution to it. So after you install latest CB you can use and/or [alias] as needed in that language string.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

6 years 9 months ago #295128 by activha
Replied by activha on topic String with alias override
Great addition, thanks a lot

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn