[SOLVED] mapping of address fields to CBSubs not working

6 years 8 months ago #296440 by cpaschen
Is there a way to 'disconnect' the connection on the country field then - so that no country initially entered? (i.e. requiring the user to select a country manually)

We have already set the 'State field' and 'Country field' (In CB SUBS CONFIGURATION | DISPLAY | INVOICES) to '-- Select Field --' but it is still pulling in "United States" for the country in the billing area when presented to users.

Is there some other place that might be pushing "United States" into that field by default?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296441 by krileon
Believe it'll default the country to whatever you configured CBSubs to as the default country. Within CBSubs > Settings > Tax is where you'd configure the default country for customer and the site. Try setting "Default Customer Country" to "--- No Default Country ---" to see if that stops any form of default country selection. Note this would only affect new customers as existing customers likely already have a country saved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298577 by cpaschen
I'm getting push-back from a couple clients on this again.

We have un-associated both the state and the country and still it pulls in the USA as the country for the Invoicing Address.

I've also set the Default Customer Country to "No Default Country" (and Default Customer State / Province" to "Select State Province".

Still it is pulling in USA with no states available for selection.

We're getting LOTS of complaints (and one client has users who are completely confused and can't subscribe - so they have to take phone orders to get the users subscribed).

Also, if we un-associate the address, it makes it hard for users to update their billing/invoice info (unless they do it on checkout - which they sometimes forget ... and the link isn't prominent).

We need to have a way for the association to work properly. Asking users to enter their billing address twice is not good UI.

Can we PLEASE have a fix for this as it is effecting all of our sites that use CBSubs.

6 years 5 months ago #298582 by krileon
I've no idea why USA is preselected for you. In all my tests it is not and "--- Click to select Country ---" is selected, which should be the case if the country field is not mapped. Alternatively set invoice address as non-mandatory or just disable it. It's completely irrelevant for nearly all the payment gateways.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn