[#6689] Setting admin permissions on CBSubs just 'spins'

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295188 by cpaschen
When trying to change the permissions settings for a group for CBSubs, on any of the 'Action' entries, after selecting a new setting we just get the 'spinning wheel' next to the drop-down (changing from "Not Allowed (Inherited)" to "Allowed").

We had ACLManager installed, but based on the other post here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/236284-acl-manager-reset-cbsubs-access-permissions#292460
We've decided to just uninstall ACL Manager as it is not critical.

However, we are still getting the same problem.

I've also re-installed the CB Paid Subscriptions plugin in CB (just to make sure that the permissions entries hopefully were re-added IF ACLManager removed them).

When I change the value in the Select New Settings drop-down I get the following error in Consle:

permissions.js?3fbd6e1…:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of null
    at HTMLSelectElement.sendPermissions (permissions.js?3fbd6e1…:1)
    at HTMLSelectElement.onchange (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=editPlugin&cid=523&action=editcbsubsperms&cbprevstate=b3B0aW9…:6099)

Any idea what might be causing this or how to make it work properly?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295199 by krileon
Was able to confirm, but seams to save regardless. That appears to be a validation check added by Joomla that's not working on our permission pages. Have added a bug ticket to CB for further investigation as it'd need to be fixed in our permissions XML type.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6689

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295208 by cpaschen
When you say it was able to save regardless - is it actually showing as changed when you refresh the page?
I'm not seeing any changes (and users aren't getting access).

When I click the APPLY button, it just takes me back to the Joomla Control Panel page ... and then going back into the permission page shows now change.

Is there a way I can manually change this (directly in a db table) as a quick work-around to get permissions going?

6 years 9 months ago #295213 by krileon

When you say it was able to save regardless - is it actually showing as changed when you refresh the page?

Yes, change the value and then save and it should save fine or at least does in my tests.

When I click the APPLY button, it just takes me back to the Joomla Control Panel page ... and then going back into the permission page shows now change.

You should not be taken to Joomlas control panel. That means something is interfering with the store process. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting to see if there's any errors logged in CBSubs > History or server error log at time of save.

Is there a way I can manually change this (directly in a db table) as a quick work-around to get permissions going?

Permissions are stored in _assets and it's not very user friendly for manually adding permissions to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295220 by cpaschen
In reviewing the logs (filtering on Errors only) all I see is

one notice of "Only variables shuld be passed by reference' in cbpaidsubscriptions.authorize.net.php on line 122 (but not related to my user ID)

a bunch of 'loadSomething::plan id: ....but no subscription id. (for a number of people trying to subscribe).

In the general logs (the only place I see anything with my UserID) the only thing I find is a bunch of "New curency exchange rate received from scours: CB") and a few "Basket timeout" entries.

Any other suggestions? I just need to get a couple users access to the CBSubs management (other than just making them SuperUsers?)

6 years 9 months ago #295221 by cpaschen
BTW ... this is only effecting CBSubs permissions.
I can edit the Community Builder: Edit User permissions [CB Core] without a problem (other than the 'spinning wheel'). They do save (and remain on the same page).

So the issue is specific to CBSubs.

Could there be some configuration issues within CBSubs?
Cloud it be related to a CBSubs-related plugin?

I'm not sure where to start testing. If you can just give me some ideas about what 'types' of things might be causing the issue I can do some digging/debugging further.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.711 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn