Quick User Edit

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #295957 by wbuk
Quick User Edit was created by wbuk
When you click on the pencil to edit a TEXT AREA field, it changes the nice display into HTML.
When you go to UPDATE MY PROFILE, go to that tab, you can then edit it in WYSIWYG mode

May users are not able to edit a table in HTML, how can it be made so that when they click on the pencil to edit the TEXT AREA, it is in WYSIWYG mode not RAW HTML.

Thank you.

Web Buster UK Ltd
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295975 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Quick User Edit
That's a bug specifically with editor textarea field types when using ajax edit on them as noted below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6668

There's no workaround or fix at this time. The WYSIWYG JS fails to load the editor properly resulting in what you're seeing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #295979 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Quick User Edit
We use JCE Editor Pro, is it worth me contacting them or is it a CB issue?

Web Buster UK Ltd

6 years 8 months ago #295984 by krileon
It's an issue in CB Core Fields Ajax. I have to review implementing a means of rebinding the WYSIWYG after the ajax edit loads in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296295 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Quick User Edit
That's great.

Do you have an approximate time scale on this? One of our customers sent an email today asking.

Thank you.

Web Buster UK Ltd

6 years 8 months ago #296300 by krileon
Nope. CB Core Fields Ajax is not currently my active project. I've just finished CB Gallery 2.1.0. CB Auto Actions 6.4.0 is now my active project. Once that's done will get to the other smaller plugins to push releases for them (including CB Core Fields Ajax).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds