Redirect after login from and email link

6 years 7 months ago #296261 by lynnapp
Replied by lynnapp on topic Redirect after login from and email link
Hi,

So I have the menu items as registered
and it still takes me to the cbsubs register thing (see first post)

Then I disabled CBSubs -
1. from the CB plugins
2. from the joomla modules and plugins

Then I tried the link again and it gives me page that says the forum is down for maintenance - it is not I can log in and go to the forum just fine? - I have the login at the top of all pages (see attachment 1)
Do I need to have the cblogin module go to a specific page?

So how do I determine if the cbsubs or joomla ACL is what is taking precedent
Do I need to have a joomla login? instead of CBlogin somewhere?

Login area on every public page

Menu with access level

Kunena categories with access level (they say joomla level ???

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #296263 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Redirect after login from and email link
The only way for Joomla menu ACL to take over is if you navigate to your destination with that menu item. Otherwise Joomla won't do anything and it'll be Kunenas ACL that takes over. I have no idea of Kunenas ACL redirects to login or not. If CBSubs is protecting it and Joomla ACL does not take over then CBSubs will. I don't think you're going to be able to have what you're wanting as Kunena would need to send to login when attempting to access a category you don't have access to.

If you have a CB Login module on the error page that Kunena displays you can try logging in and seeing if it sends you back assuming Kunena doesn't redirect away from the categories URL to a separate error page URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #296266 by lynnapp
Replied by lynnapp on topic Redirect after login from and email link
Okay so this is making more sense. I have asked at kunena but have not heard back.
I was sure you had dealt with this before
Thank you for your help and If I find an answer I will post it for others
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn