URGENT:- Text Area Edit

6 years 8 months ago #296296 by wbuk
URGENT:- Text Area Edit was created by wbuk
There is a TAB with PT Plans. The idea is that the MODERATOR adds start and end dates of the PT and the writes the plan for the user, in this case the user is called Turbo and admin is Kris.
Here you can see Kris has filled in the fields for Turbo.

Turbo then logs in
Here you can see the PT Plan is there for turbo to follow.

AS the Ajax editing is not working for this field type, Turbo clicks on Edit Profile and adds the details of his workout into the box.
Here you can see Turbo editing his PT Plan.

Finally, Turbo clicks on Update / Save and he gets the confirmation save message but all the data, as you can see including some dates are deleted.

I have created a CB-Admin and CB-Member account for you to test it, if you want to see what is happening. I am sorry to bother you but I am showing this off at lunch time tomorrow and I am not sure why it is doing this as it used to work. The only change we did was the Privacy and the layout code you sent me, which I have to say looks brilliant on phones.

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296299 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic URGENT:- Text Area Edit
CB has no reason to remove valid html from a editor textarea. More than likely what's happening is the WYSIWYG editor is causing issues. In your case Turbo editing themselves doesn't appear to have a functioning WYSIWYG. Review your WYSIWYG editor parameters within Extensions > Plugins and ensure everything is configured properly and that they even have access to the editor.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296311 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic URGENT:- Text Area Edit
Thank you, they don't get the editor yet but the details are remaining. The only thing I changed was the Privacy settings in CB, I have not touched the Plugin for the text editor yet.

Web Buster UK Ltd

6 years 8 months ago #296312 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic URGENT:- Text Area Edit
Are you conditioning it with CB Conditional? It looks like its value was reset completely, which CB Conditional can certainly do if the condition doesn't match during save (this happens usually when you condition a field more than once, which you can not do). CB Privacy can't empty a field in the database, but can hide it from displaying (although not to moderators or the profile owner themselves).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn