[SOLVED] CB User Menu not updating the user Subscriptions after update

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296340 by sclarke
Hi,

I just updated my site to the latest version of Joomla, CB and CB Subscriptions. I have a subscriber whose subscription has expired. If I view the user in the frontend, their subscription says that it is expired. If I view the user record their subscription tab shows that the subscription is expired. See below:

But on the CB user manage list, it is still showing that the user's subscription is active. See below:

I ran the CB Tools after I installed both CB and CB Subscription.

Note that this user's subscription expired after CB Subscription was updated. I manually changed the subscription date of the user, to check that CB Subscription would expire the membership correctly.

When I go to Paid Subscriptions > Subscriptions I see that it has the expiration date as 8/12/2017, but the Status is still showing as Active, see below:

What would cause the CB User Manager still to show that the USA Performer Only subscription which is expired and the CB Subscription as still active when it has expired?

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296344 by krileon
Check how you're triggering expirations within CBSubs > Settings > Global. Manually trigger expirations by clicking the URL provided by the "Url of cron task" parameter. Then recheck to see if they're displaying as expired. Aside from that you said you changed their expiration date? Were the showing as expired within CBSubs > Subscriptions before you did that?

Just changing the date likely is not going to trigger expirations, but however you've it set to trigger expirations will. They are expired, by date, but CBSubs > Subscriptions is just outputting a database row which still has an Status of A (active). Triggering expirations is also the only means for functionality like usergroup management to work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296373 by sclarke
Hi,

I currently have the Mass expire subscriptions method set to Fronted & admin access. I also had it set to just admin access. I have visited the CB Subs Dashboard a number of times and it is always showing: Just expired subscriptions / baskets 2 / 0

I click the Url of cron task link a number of times, each time I just got a blank white page. I have error reporting set to Maximum.

But I am still getting the same thing showing in the CB Username screen, it is showing both subscriptions still and the CB Subs > Subscription for that use is still showing as Active.

We were having an issue with this before, but it was supposed to be fixed, see: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/234149-cb-subs-mass-expire-cron-not-working?start=6

Any other ideas?

Thank you for your help.

6 years 8 months ago #296382 by krileon
Did you manually alter the subscription row? Are subscriptions that have not been manually altered working fine? Your other topic was a different issue where 1 subscription replaced another, but the other subscription row was deleted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296392 by sclarke
Hi,

I went under Paid Subscriptions > Subscription, searched for the subscription for the user and edit it. I then changed the Expire Date to the next day. I didn't change the expiry date in the database. I needed to change the expiry date as there aren't any user's that subscription expire until the fall. So, I don't know if a normal subscriber's subscription will expire until a few months from now. In the past I have changed the subscription date as indicated above and the subscription expired properly.

I should note that this site was build back in around 2010 with Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.x and initial CB Subs and has been upgraded and migrated since then to the latest versions.

Any other ideas?

6 years 8 months ago #296399 by krileon
Is there a grace period on the plan? If for example it has a 3 month grace period the subscription won't expire until after the grace period has ended, which is not reflected in the expiration date.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn