"empty" select item in a multi select list

6 years 8 months ago #296379 by sylvain.ruda
"empty" select item in a multi select list was created by sylvain.ruda
Hi,

How can i remove the "empty" select item in the multi-select list ? When i display a multi-select list there is always an empty line witch can be selected... I don't want it...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296381 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "empty" select item in a multi select list
Make your multiselect field required. Aside from that, you can't. You can also supply your own blank value by having the first option in your multiselect field have an empty value then specify whatever text you like for label (e.g. - Select Types -).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296407 by sylvain.ruda
Replied by sylvain.ruda on topic "empty" select item in a multi select list
But in a multi-select list it is not right to have an empty value in the list... I mean that the user can select this empty value and another one... Strange...
Is ther a way not to display it for multi-select list ?

6 years 8 months ago #296414 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "empty" select item in a multi select list
To select nothing means you need to click 1, then ctrl + click it, or ctrl + click everything you want to deselect. It's not very user friendly. This is a non-issue with the blank value. The empty value is not stored in the database as it's skipped during storage processing for multiselect fields so it doesn't matter if it's selected with other values. No, there is no way to disable the blank value beyond making the field required.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn