Best way to upgrade please

6 years 8 months ago #296397 by wrongjon
Best way to upgrade please was created by wrongjon
Hi

I have several sites using Community Builder and one using CB Subs.

I'm aware I need to upgrade joomla due to security patches so can you please just tell me in what order i need to upgrade joomla, CB and CB subs please and will upgrading to latest versions simply be a case of reinstalling CB, CBsubs and all plugins OVER THE TOP

Or anything else i need to be aware of?

I'm using:

Joomla 3.4.8
CB 1.9.1
CBSUBS 3.0.0

Other sites slightly newer running

Joomla 3.5.1
CB 2.0.15 (so will this version update easily via the Joomla extension updater?)

Thank you :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296401 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Best way to upgrade please
CB 1.x to CB 2.x is a migration and not a simple upgrade. Clone your site. Update Joomla. Then migrate CB by downloading latest version and installing the zip within the /extensions/packages folder of the zip downloaded (package installer may not work well with this migration). Once installed review everything and adjust your configuration as needed (please keep in mind A LOT has changed between CB 1.x and CB 2.x). Once you're comfortable with everything repeat the process on your live site after making a full backup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296404 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Best way to upgrade please
Thanks yes will do......

And the CBSUbs upgrade. Is that a simple install latest version over the top or any big changes to factor in?

6 years 8 months ago #296413 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Best way to upgrade please
Update your CB plugins after you've migrated CB. There should be no issues regarding plugin upgrades, but again you will need to go through everything and retest to make sure it's all behaving as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn