[#6798] Tab with CB Conditional AND Field with CB Ajax

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297604 by pantau2017
Hello together,

i have read the (similar) topics corresponding my problem but there are divergent answers depending on the year/month the topics where posted, so i hope its worth it to start a new request:

I have the following Tab/Field-Setup:

1) When registration starts, first of all a new User has to decide "who he/she will be" : cat1, cat2, cat3; only this first Tab is displayed

2) further tabs (valid for all cat1 and cat2 and cat3) AND depending on the cat1,2,3-decision the above corresponding category-Tab ist displayed to be filled out.

Solved with CB Condidional ... works fine! (All those cat1,2,3 will have 3-PayPlans in the future)

3) On the (e.g.) cat2-Tab there is a field A (multiple choice check box) controlling a field B (multiple choice check box); so A an B are on the same cat-Tab and B is using the "update on" from the CB Ajax plugin triggered by the made choices of A

Solved withe CB Core Ajax ... works on the corresponding cat-Tab

BUT

The Ajax-Update makes the other cat-Tab (e.g.) cat-Tab1 and cat-Tab3 appear with all their fields although the two other catTab-conditions are not fulfilled; so Ajax overrides CB-Conditional

Tests i made:

- with fields that are CB-onditioned on the same Tab it works fine so its only a problem with cb-conditioned tabs; so Ajax does not effect CB-condition of fields
- browser-refresh makes the "unwanted"-Tabs dissapear ... so the condition itself is stil there
- changing the categorie on the Pre-Tab 1) after all the catTabs have appeared after Ajax-Update: the "unwanted"-Tabs are again disappearing, so CB-condition does not effekt CB-Ajax

How do I solve this (without putting all the fields on one single tab an start conditioning them there as fields)?

Thanx and kind regadrs,

Ralf

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297608 by krileon
Field B isn't conditioning the tabs, but Field A is and Field B is the one with the Update On. In this case it should never trigger conditions or revert them in any way as it doesn't have the capability of even doing that. Sounds like some sort of other conflict maybe going on. Broken HTML maybe given you said it affects everything after Field B. Please ensure CB, CB Conditional, and CB Core Fields Ajax are all up to date with latest builds and see if issue persists. If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297658 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and was able to find the cause. The rebinding on the field that was updated is supposed to trigger change/rebind handlers, but it was bubbling up causing the condition on the tab to rebind which was breaking the condition. I've changed the rebinding to no longer bubble up the DOM to prevent this. Have installed a fixed build on your site for you to also confirm. This will be fixed in next nightly release today or tomorrow.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6798

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pantau2017

6 years 6 months ago #297663 by pantau2017
Replied by pantau2017 on topic Tab with CB Conditional AND Field with CB Ajax
Great! So i don't have to doubt any longer about my logic! Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 6 months ago #298014 by pantau2017
Replied by pantau2017 on topic Tab with CB Conditional AND Field with CB Ajax
on the testsite everything works fine with your fix, but you wrote "... will be fixed in next nightly release today or tomorrow." ... will your "today or tommorrow" (now 2 weeks ago) be soon? are there unexpected further tasks to solve?

6 years 6 months ago #298026 by krileon
Whoops look like we missed releasing that build. It's released now. Sorry about that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn