Renewals when previous_status = I or X not getting user access added

6 years 6 months ago #297639 by cpaschen
We have several subscription plans set up.
All of the plans assign a user group to the user when they purchase the subscription.
(via ACCESS | Subscribers User access level settings | User Group).

The assignment is happening fine for all new subscribers and for most renewals; however we were having a few each week that were getting the subscription renewed OK (the new subscription is showing in the CB user panel); however, the user group is not being assigned.

After tracking much of the data related to these 'problem' accounts for a couple weeks, about the only thing that I can determine common between them is that on the change notice the 'previous_status' was either "I" or "X" (mostly "I").

Most of these subscription records were also manually migrated over from a previous installation of AkeebaSubs, and these items also had a rather old last_renewed_date as well as having previous_expiry_date that is usually 0000-00-00.

Most of the renewals are happening before the current expire date.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Would it be best if I just change the previous_status of all of these to some other setting? Or change the previous_expiry_date to some valid date?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297648 by krileon
How did you migrate those subscriptions? Directly insert into the database or did you use CBSubs Import? It sounds like you may have directly inserted into the database making the subscription rows basically incomplete. Their next renewal should be ok since the last renewal should've corrected any missing data. Best I can suggest is compare a database row from a subscription that works to one that doesn't and see what's missing exactly. Alternatively you can use CB Auto Actions for more control over usergroup assignment using the below usage.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297653 by cpaschen
Yes, we did that with a manual migration of data directly to the DB.

I like using the autoactions approach (as we already use autoactions for lots of things).

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn