Privacy problems with cb gallery

6 years 6 months ago #298062 by Andromeda57
Privacy problems with cb gallery was created by Andromeda57
Hello,

there is a problem with the privacy of cb gallery.

We can set that only special users or admins can create albums or files. This is good.

But when a special user or admin creates albums or files, the profile owner can change or even delete the albums and files....

There should be an option to set who can delete or change albums and files and not only an option to set who can create these things..

Or just one option, who can create, but then the profile owner should not be able to delete or change the work of the special users. This can easily be done, even if it is a mistake of the profile owner....

Is there an easy way to realize that or can you change this at all in the extension?

Thanks.

Regards

Tobias

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298063 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy problems with cb gallery
It's because that user is the owner of the album or media. Edit the album or media and change the owner to your user id. This will be fixed as per the below ticket where the owner will just default to the viewing user id instead of the gallery owner.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6799

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298066 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Privacy problems with cb gallery
When we upload a file in frontend, we can not write the user id for files, just for albums. So, the album can not be deleted. But the files in the album still can be deleted by the user...

6 years 6 months ago #298067 by krileon
You can't change the owner when uploading. You have to change it after uploading by editing it. Again, this will be addressed in a future release where the default owner will be always the uploader and not the gallery owner.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #300847 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Privacy problems with cb gallery
EDIT: We have found a new bug, i guess... We have joomla usergroup 'test' which is under 'author'.

When we set create files and albums to special, the user can work with it. That is ok.

But when we set it so super users, the user can still work with it??? Just normal registered users can not.. I think, this is not ok ???

Some months, but no news... Do you know when the change will arive?

Thanks.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #300866 by krileon
Once I'm done with CB Activity 4.2.0, which I'm working on now. Will then be working on another CB Gallery release where this will be fixed. You can check out what's left for CB Activity 4.2.0 below. Mainly some improvements to notification parsing and will be rewriting how global activity is stored.

But when we set it so super users, the user can still work with it??? Just normal registered users can not.. I think, this is not ok ???

Create Access is just that. Create Access. It is not Edit Access. If the user is the owner of the gallery entry they can edit it, delete it, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn