[SOLVED] [#6906] Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #298209 by webtechplus
Good afternoon, we are looking for a guide to set up an Auto email reminder;
X number days after signup
X number of days since last login

We have looked at it and had a crack but it appears to be a little harder then we thought...

Suggested letters are;
7 days
We have noticed its been 7 days since you tried to join, is there any way we can help you with the signup process?
Is there any feedback you have about joining the site?

14 days
Its been 14 days since you were last online, did you know we constantly have new competitions, and reviews?
Take a look at our Competitions page and our reviews page to learn more...

28 days
Its been 28 days since you were last online, we hope you have enjoyed your holiday we have launched several new competitions, and reviews.
Take a look at our Competitions page and our reviews page to learn more...

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298223 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days
Easiest way to do that is CBSubs Mailer since it can already condition off registration date and last visit date. Your alternative is to consider an extension specifically designed for doing that. CB Auto Actions can do this, but it's heavy and it has no batch processing for users which means it checks every user at once. For example in CBSubs Mailer you'd have the following.

Automatically send message at following date: 1 week (7 days) after
Relative to this date of the plans below: Member's Sign-up Registration Date

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298412 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days
So we have set up a mailer, you can see the settings we have applied in the screenshot.
As a test we set it to send the email 5 minutes after the members last online date.

But do not send message if it's later than said it was a required field and needed a value selected, why can't we keep it as "And no other date condition"?

We have set the message subject, message body and added a from name and from email address.We left the mailer priority at 3.

This message contains confidential information

If you could tell us where we are going wrong that would be really helpful.

Thanks

We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team
Attachments:

6 years 5 months ago #298414 by webtechplus
To add to this:
When I click on the link for the message Url of cron task to process mailers rules nothing comes up, but on our dev site which I've just tested I get this message. Processed 0 messages into the email queue. i got a number 1 when it matched a mailer and put it into the queue. Could there possibly be an error?

6 years 5 months ago #298423 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days

But do not send message if it's later than said it was a required field and needed a value selected, why can't we keep it as "And no other date condition"?

Known bug due to the value of that option causing the required check to see it the param as empty. The required XML attribute just need to be removed.

During your tests ensure a user actually meets the criteria you've selected. The last visit date is empty until they first login so your condition may not work in that case since checks against 0000-00-00 00:00:00 would result in a fallback to PHP begin date which is well over your 6 month limit. You'll need to ensure the user you think meets the criteria has logged in at least once. As you already have a user id restriction set "Applicable for View Access Level" and "Applicable for Group (and above this group)" both back to "Public". Once done retest to see if working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298503 by webtechplus
The user is confirmed and enabled and has a last login date. I've tried changing the conditions under Main Mailer Triggering Conditions but it just doesn't seem to be doing anything.

When I click on the link to test Url of cron task to process mailers rules no message comes up just a white screen. I remember when I first tried a message came up saying something like there's 0 messages to put in the queue but now there's nothing so I don't know if there's an error going on or what.

I also tried the third test link under the automation mailer, first time it said there was no messages in the queue but now no message is displayed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn