[#6825] Email from Profile Update Logger not sending

6 years 5 months ago #298318 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email from Profile Update Logger not sending
Set "Notification Recipients" to "Specific Users" then set "Notify Users" to your user id. Next login as a regular test user on frontend and edit your profile then see if your user received the email. In all my tests this is working fine. It does not send a notification if no profile data changed so be sure to toggle a checkbox field or change a select field for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298322 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic Email from Profile Update Logger not sending
Your message describes exactly what I've been doing for testing.
I also review the Log table to ensure the change was captured - and changes are being captured, just no emails are getting sent.
What's the next step? DEBUG mode?
Fred

6 years 5 months ago #298323 by krileon
Contact your host and have server mail logs reviewed to see if the email is being attempted, but blocked or check your spam folder. Aside from that I don't know what more to suggest. I've just retested on a clean install and it's still working in all my tests. Please ensure you're not doing this from backend as backend does not trigger the notification. You can PM backend super administrator login credentials and I can take a look at the configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298326 by fdinkler
Whoa...
"Please ensure you're not doing this from backend as backend does not trigger the notification."

That's how I have always tested this - and it has always worked until July.

How can I enable back-end logging? Most of my changes are made by moderators...

I will retest using front end and revert back.
Fred

6 years 5 months ago #298328 by fdinkler
Testing from the front end appears to be working, however I need to confirm the following use case.

If I edit my profile from the front end,
AND my user ID is one of those in the user notification list in the plug in,
will I receive an update email?
or will the plugin determine that I don't need an email notice about a change that I made?
Thanks,
Fred

6 years 5 months ago #298330 by krileon
Backend logs changes if enabled, but does not send a notification. There is no option to enable backend notifications.

If I edit my profile from the front end,
AND my user ID is one of those in the user notification list in the plug in,
will I receive an update email?
or will the plugin determine that I don't need an email notice about a change that I made?

It'll still notify you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.775 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn