Profile links invalid after plug-in updates

6 years 4 months ago #299843 by syoung
We recently updated several CB and CBSUBS plugins to their most recent version. After updating we can no long access profiles from the user list or from the edit profile link. Some links produce the message that the "Profile does not exist or is no longer available" or they produce a 500 system error.

This is a critical issues and we have exhausted our options in looking for a solution.

Please help...
Scott

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299854 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile links invalid after plug-in updates
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry and see if any errors are output to give you a hint as to what is failing. Be sure you did not just update a few plugins, but ensure everything is up to date as long of plugins interact with one another.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299869 by syoung
Replied by syoung on topic Profile links invalid after plug-in updates
Thanks for your response Kyle.

We have verified that all installed plug-ins are up to date. (Both CB and CBSUBS) This is a production site so I would like to get away from turning on the full debug mode as it is a heavy traffic site.

Have you seen this before? Are there any recommendations that we could investigate before resorting to the full debug mode?

Thanks,
Scott

6 years 4 months ago #299871 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile links invalid after plug-in updates
Set the debug plugin within Extensions > Plugins to only be accessible to Super Users so regular users won't see debug output at the bottom. You can check server error log to see if any errors are present, but they likely were suppressed if error reporting was set to none or default. You really need to turn on debug mode and maximum error reporting to better see what's going on even if only for 1 page load then turn it off.

Have you seen this before?

Yes, it's either a memory issue or a fatal PHP/SQL error.

Are there any recommendations that we could investigate before resorting to the full debug mode?

Disable non-core plugins 1 by 1 within CB > Plugin Management to see if a plugin is causing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn