[SOLVED] Groupjive - Some Invite groups not showing in list of groups

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #299884 by ospaorg
Hello,
I have a front-end menu item to list all of my GJ groups (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=allgroups).
I'm having a problem in that only some if my "Invite" type groups are showing on this page...I want them all to show. In looking at the backend configuration of each of these groups (via Groupjive/Groups menu item), I cannot see a difference between the settings of one that is showing as desired and one that is not. For the problematic Invite group, it shows when set to Open or Approval, but not invite.

I have attached a text file highlighting 2 rows from the _groupjive_groups database table. invite group ID 19 shows with all groups as desired, invite group ID 6 does not (except when type is changed to Open or Approval). Please advise.

Joomla! 3.8.1
CB 2.1.3+build.2017.11.16.20.21.51.1a2f01fa1
GJ 3.1.1+build.2017.09.21.14.02.23.9e77b2bc8
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #299887 by krileon
Invite group types don't display on group lists. They are private invite only. Only Public and Approval groups will display in lists. Additional types are planned that'd probably better accommodate what you're wanting. See the below feature ticket regarding future types.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6208

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #299901 by ospaorg
Kyle,
Thank you for the reply, that makes sense. What confused me is that I have one Invite group showing in the list of Open groups. I just realized it is because I am a member of that invite group....oops. I look forward to the feature request you referenced.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn