CBsubs - Different fields for different plans upon registration

6 years 3 months ago #300037 by pastoweb
Upon user registration, is it possible to show different fields based on the chosen membership plans?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #300051 by krileon
CBSubs can not show fields based off selection, but instead hides them. So you could basically use 2 plans to toggle the visibility of fields. Example as follows.

Plan 1 - Exclusive
- Hide Fields A, B, C
Plan 2 - Exclusive
- Hide Fields D, E, F

Fields ABC would show if you selected Plan 2, but hide if you selected Plan 1. Fields DEF would hide if you selected Plan 2, but show if selected Plan 1

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300108 by pastoweb
And can I hide on plan A fields that are mandatory for plan B?

6 years 3 months ago #300113 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301374 by pastoweb
This thing that you can't associate fields to a plan is quite counterintuitive, and doesn't work if as in my case you have a mandatory plan

Free - the default registration, needed to have a fallback plan when a paid plan expires. Here I can hide some fields
Paid Memberships: here I should display a disclaimer field, but it doesnìt show up since it is hidden on the mandatory one

How can I configure the whole thing to make it work?

6 years 2 months ago #301375 by krileon
Have the free and paid plan be exclusive from one another. Have the free plan hide the fields of the paid plan. Next use CB Auto Actions to subscribe them to the free plan when the paid plan expires using the CB Paid Subscriptions action with the below usage.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

Believe that should give you the fallback behavior you're looking for while being able to hide fields based off plan selection.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn